Family of girl who died at border deny she had no food or water Independent.ie The family of a seven-year-old Guatemalan girl who died in US Border Patrol custody are disputing US officials’ claims she had not been given food or water for days. https://www.independent.ie/world-news/north-america/family-of-girl-who-died-at-border-deny-she-had-no-food-or-water-37632234.html https://www.independent.ie/incoming/article37632328.ece/82df7/AUTOCROP/h342/R-PROTEST%2016.jpg Email The family of a seven-year-old Guatemalan girl who died in US Border Patrol custody are disputing US officials’ claims she had not been given food or water for days. The parents of Jakelin Caal said she had been given food and water and appeared to be in good health as she travelled through Mexico with her father, Nery Gilberto Caal Cuz (29). They added Jakelin had not been travelling through the desert for days before being taken into custody. Jakelin and her father were seeking asylum in the US and were among a large group of migrants arrested on December 6 near a remote border crossing in New Mexico. Hours later, they were placed on a bus to the nearest Border Patrol station, but Jakelin began vomiting and eventually stopped breathing. She later died at a Texas hospital. HealthBorder Patrol officials claimed agents did everything they could to save the girl but that… Read full this story
- Medical Help Was Hours Away for Migrant Girl Who Died in U.S. Custody
- 8-year-old boy dies in CBP custody
- Everything We Know About the 8-Year-Old Migrant Boy Who Died in U.S. Custody
- The Chilling Cruelty of the ‘Iceboxes’ at the Border
- A Mother and Daughter Both Have H.I.V. The U.S. Lets in Only One.
- Guatemalan girl, 7, likely died of 'sepsis shock' after border crossing, hospital officials said
- How Cities Make Money by Fining the Poor
- What Happens to a Dead Body No One Can Name?
- The Trump official who failed to reunify dozens of separated children is getting a "new role"
- Utah Town Once Run by Polygamist Cult Leader Warren Jeffs Exorcises Its Ghosts
- Colombia: Even Maduro's relatives seeking relief from outage
- How Sovereign Citizens Helped Swindle $1 Billion From the Government They Disavow
Family of girl who died at border deny she had no food or water have 352 words, post on www.independent.ie at December 16, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.