Quote of the year “If the boy thinks I’ve farted he’s 1,010% wrong” – Gary Anderson, upset by talk he used “a fragrant egg smell” to throw rival Wesley Harms at November’s Grand Slam of Darts in Wolverhampton. Harms: “It’ll take me two nights to lose this smell from my nose.” Ruse of the year Leinster Senior League side Ballybrack FC, getting a game called off in November by claiming one of their players, Fernando Nuno La Fuente, had just died in a car crash. Other clubs held minute’s silences before Ballybrack admitted it was a lie. The club said sorry for “this gross error”. Statue of the year November’s Mo Salah/Marv from Home Alone/Art Garfunkel effort from sculptor Mai Abdallah. Social media embraced it; Abdallah said her work was “distinguished and executable … I hope people learn the art of polite and respectful criticism.” Sharpest exit A Canadian curling team – in hot water and booted out of the Red Deer Curling Classic. World Curling Tour: “The team of Jamie Koe, Ryan Fry, Chris Schille and DJ Kidby has been ejected from the Red Deer Curling Classic due to unsportsmanlike behaviour.” Wade Thurber, manager of Red Deer Curling Centre:… Read full this story
- Chelsea talking points: Abraham, Kante and defensive concerns
- Toronto companies look to usher professional sports into the CBD oil era
- The insiders' guide to Japan's Rugby World Cup cities
- Mike Bacon: Saturday is again 'Fun Day'
- Virtual reality pops up at Denver museums, festivals and even VR escape rooms
- Lowe: 2019-20 NBA League Pass Rankings
- Ghosts of Liverpool's high street
- Should eating on public transport be banned? Commuters with medical conditions blast plan to criminalize snacks - but others say they would welcome an end to 'disgusting' habit
- Most Influential 2019: C-D
- Scuba pumpkins, whey vodka: News from around our 50 states
- T-Mobile-Sprint deal to soon get FCC approval: What you need to know
- Could Liverpool afford Jadon Sancho? Fee and wages analysed
The alternative sport review of 2018, from Kanté’s curry to Salah’s statue have 318 words, post on www.theguardian.com at December 29, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.