Gov. Eric Holcomb on Tuesday gave his State of the State address to members of the Indiana General Assembly and laid out his agenda for the year. Here is the full text of his prepared speech, along with annotations by IndyStar Statehouse reporters Arika Herron and Chris Sikich. Click on the yellow highlighted text for their additional context and analysis. (Don’t see the highlights on your mobile device? Go here.) Mr. Speaker, Mr. President, Madam Chief Justice, Lt. Governor, members of the General Assembly, my fellow Hoosiers. It is indeed an honor to stand before you for the third time to discuss the state of our state and the work we’ll do to make life better for all Hoosiers. I can tell you this much. It doesn’t get old. 5 takeways: Holcomb’s State of the State address For I know just how fortunate we are to occupy our respective offices and to therefore have the opportunity and duty to make a positive impact on people’s lives and the state we all love. That’s why I’m pleased to report that, thanks to the energy and hard work of Hoosiers from Angola to New Harmony, from Henryville to Hammond, Indiana is on a roll and the state… Read full this story
- 'I'm afraid now. I believe it could happen here'
- Candidates descend on Iowa state fair to make pitch for 2020
- In Numbers: State banquet for Donald Trump
- What happened during Donald Trump’s UK state visit?
- State leaders scoff at legal challenge to state bonds
- Does Tony Blair think free speech isn’t for everyone?
- Here are the accusations against fired SHPO Lynda Aguon
- The best response to hate speech is free speech
- A selection of speeches from the abortion law reform debate
- Midwest states brace for long-term flood fight
- Pelosi kicks off Governor’s Day at state fair
- Ex-SC Gov. Sanford adds name to GOP long shots against Trump
We annotated Gov. Eric Holcomb's State of the State speech. Here's what we found. have 316 words, post on www.jconline.com at January 16, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.