By Tess Kalinowski Real Estate Reporter Tues., Feb. 12, 2019 Redfin CEO Glenn Kelman wants to know how cold it is in the polar vortex that gripped Toronto in January. “You could die,” he yelps after quickly converting the -30C windchill to Fahrenheit in the relative comfort of Redfin Corp.’s Seattle headquarters. But it is the real estate climate that concerns Kelman, 48, who is expected in Toronto on what is forecast to be a snowy Tuesday, to launch Redfin’s Canadian expansion. Redfin is the latest in a series of offshore, web-based real estate businesses to come to Canada. Despite the quieter Toronto market and Vancouver’s slump, these companies know the population is growing and the Canadian financial system supports home ownership, one real estate insider told the Star. It’s not a coincidence either that, since last year, Toronto-area members of the Toronto Real Estate Board are no longer prohibited from publishing the selling prices of properties online, under certain conditions. Article Continued Below The Toronto launch — and anticipated spring start of Redfin in Vancouver — follows the arrival last year of American web giant Zillow and Britain’s no-commission Purplebricks brokerage. Read more: More technology coming to mortgage industry… Read full this story
- This blockchain-powered platform wants to bring transparency to the real estate market
- 'Dirty Money' Impacting South Florida Real Estate Market
- Here are D-FW's top 5 real estate deals in April. No fooling!
- SoftBank's Futuristic Vision Fund Takes on the Real (Estate) World
- Leading New York Real Estate Transactional Lawyer, Diana Brummer, Joins Goodwin
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway is now the 2nd-biggest real-estate broker in the US
- Ask a real estate pro: Do I really need an owner’s title insurance policy?
- Ask a real estate pro: When can a homeowner speak during association meetings?
- Ask a real estate pro: House encroaches on utility easement — is this a problem?
- Ask a real estate pro: Can I get my neighbor to pay for her tree's damage to my house?
- Report: Real estate agent, UT football star teaming up to repair Austin bombing victim's home
- EXPERT ADVICE No Time Like the Present to Look Into Residential Real Estate
Redfin dives into Toronto’s real estate market have 353 words, post on www.thestar.com at February 12, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.