Carrot farm in Duc Chinh village, Hai Duong province (Photo: Minh Long/VOV) Vietnam’s achievements in the agriculture sector last year were attributed to a joint effort by businesses, cooperatives, and policymakers to coordinate in production with processing in farming, husbandry, and aquaculture. Despite technical barriers set by demanding markets in the US, Japan, and the EU, Vietnam earned a record US$40 billion from agro-forestry-fishery products last year, up 3.1%. By boosting cooperation, more opportunities have been created for enterprises, farmers are encouraged to join cooperatives, and farm incomes boosted. Nguyen Duc Menh, director of Tan Huong Farm Produce and Food Processor in Hai Duong province, said his company buys hundreds of thousands of tons of fruit and vegetables each year for export and domestic consumption. Many of its products are sold in Japan and the Republic of Korea. Menh said, “We have been working with cooperatives to create a separate material zone. Early this year we signed a contract to send 500 tons of farm produce to Japan and more than 100 tons to the Republic of Korea. Food safety is essential for agricultural exports, especially to markets with strict quality requirements.” Nguyen Quoc Toan, Acting Director of the… Read full this story
- US opens doors wider for Vietnamese farm produce
- Farm produce processing industry urged to tap potential
- Japan, Taiwan top places for Vietnam's labour export in 2019
- Vietnam’s textile export value up almost 9% in eight months
- Promoting cashless payments to boost internet economy in Vietnam
- Zika Outbreak Linked to Increased Risk of Birth Defects in U.S.
- Vietnam’s fruit, seafood exporters up against tough Australian rules
- Vietnam wants more northern border gates to process fruit exports to China
- Vietnam strives to join upper middle-income countries
- Long walk to the lucrative horticulture export market
- Escalating trade war to hit Vietnam’s exports
- US asks Vietnam to cut import tariffs on agricultural products
Boosting links - key to increasing Vietnam’s farm produce exports have 304 words, post on english.vov.vn at March 10, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.