Party General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong (standing) addresses the meeting between the Politburo and Nghe An’s officials in Hanoi on March 21 (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Party General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong asked the central province of Nghe An to address all obstacles to become one of the leading localities in Vietnam during a meeting between the Politburo and local officials in Hanoi on March 21. The meeting reviewed the five-year implementation of the 11th-tenure Politburo's Resolution No. 26-NQ/TW on development orientations and tasks for Nghe An until 2020. Delivering a report at the event, Secretary of the provincial Party Committee Nguyen Dac Vinh said the resolution, issued on July 30, 2013, shows the Politburo's special focus on Nghe An, creating conditions for development opportunities and momentum that match its potential. The local economy has grown fast and sustainably since then, he said, noting that the gross regional domestic product (GRDP) was estimated at 115.67 trillion VND in 2018, ranking 10th among the 63 provinces and centrally-run cities. The household poverty rate was reduced to 5.54 percent. Meanwhile, 218 communes, equal to around 50 percent, had been recognised as new-style rural areas by the end of… Read full this story
- Leading publishing firm promotes Duluth resident
- Ho Chi Minh City, Nghe An province organise blood donation day
- Vietnam expands scope of prolonged social distancing to 16 ‘at-risk’ localities
- Social distancing extended for high-risk localities, including Hanoi & HCM City
- Hanoi to mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 130th birthday with diverse activities
- Hubei woman could face 10 years in prison after 'leading nearly 100 residents to protest against lockdown measures' during coronavirus pandemic
- Trump reined in? White House aides want to curtail president's role in daily briefings after disinfectant debacle and angry walk-off on Friday because he's damaging chance of re-election
- Coronavirus lockdown leads to a spike in poaching of critically endangered birds, tigers and rhinos as people in rural Asian communities hunt to supplement lost income
- Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe: 'We Will Not Prosecute Killers of White Farmers'
- Coronavirus: CM Balochistan says increasing local transmission cases 'worrying'
- Former city health commissioner: Give local officials the tools to fight the virus
- Frank Rich: The Casualties of a ‘Wartime Presidency’
Nghe An province must strive to become a leading locality: President have 353 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 21, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.