President Trump was never interviewed by the Special Counsel’s Office. His legal team, fearing their client might trip and fall into a “perjury trap,” negotiated for the president to provide written answers to a set of questions. We learned today, as the first portions of the Mueller report became publicly available, that investigators were not impressed. “We viewed the written answers to be inadequate,” they wrote in the report. Investigators went on to explain they considered subpoenaing the president, but weighing “the costs of potentially lengthy constitutional litigation” against “the anticipated benefits for our investigation and report,” they ultimately decided to go ahead and finish the report, believing the “substantial quantity” of evidence they’d collected “allowed us to draw relevant factual conclusions on intent and credibility.” In other words: they thought the evidence spoke for itself. And it had to: The president, who has claimed to have “one of the greatest memories of all time” had some difficulty remembering any details surrounding any of the incidents the special counsel was investigating. From Aras Agalarov to WikiLeaks, here are 29 things Trump could not recall while answering Robert Mueller’s questions. Related Sotomayor Accuses Supreme Court of Granting Favors to Trump in… Read full this story
- Probe into Mueller investigation will reveal ‘really bad things’, Trump says
- Probe of Russia probe will reveal ‘really bad things,’ Trump says
- If Pink Viagra is the answer, the question is really stupid, says RACHEL JOHNSON
- Mitt Romney rips Trump over Syria pullout, questions cease-fire
- KBC 11: Even the expert failed to answer THIS question
- Schumer Fears Trump Might Expose ‘Whistleblower’, Questions Intel Officials on Protections
- Obama answers live questions on Reddit, crashes servers
- Animated Explanations: Short Videos that Answer Your Questions
- Decide Answers the Question 'Buy Now or Wait?'
- nVidia Guru David Kirk Answers Your Questions
- Trump official dodges Obamacare questions at tense hearing
- Flight attendant, 22, answers EVERY question you have about flying - from looking glamorous at 35,000ft to how the crew cope with turbulence (and admits the job can be 'lonely')
29 Things Trump Couldn’t Recall While Answering Mueller’s Questions have 329 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at April 18, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.