(CNN)American Airlines is extending flight cancellations into mid-August because of the Boeing 737 Max grounding. American (AAL), the world’s largest airline, decided to extend cancellations from early June through August 19, to help plan ahead for the busy summer travel season. Southwest Airlines (LUV)last week also extended flight cancellations for 737 Max planes from June until August. “Based upon our ongoing work with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Boeing, we are highly confident that the MAX will be recertified prior to this time,” American Chairman and CEO Doug Parker and President Robert Isom said Sunday in a message to airline staff. “But by extending our cancellations through the summer, we can plan more reliably for the peak travel season.” Approximately 115 flights a day will be canceled through August 19, representing about 1.5% of the airline’s total daily flights, they said. The airline has 24 737 Max jets in its fleet. American has previously said that all flights that were originally scheduled on a MAX plane will not be canceled, with some being substituted with other aircraft. Boeing CEO says new software update has been tested by most 737 Max customers Read More The 737 Max was grounded in… Read full this story
- American Airlines pilots demand compensation over Boeing 737 MAX grounding
- Airline flydubai slims H1 loss but says 737 MAX grounding hurt results
- What Really Brought Down the Boeing 737 Max?
- Boeing Underestimated Cockpit Chaos on 737 Max, N.T.S.B. Says
- American Airlines canceled more flights than any US carrier in July: 'It was a tough summer for us'
- Boeing CEO to Testify Before Congress About Grounded 737 MAX
- Boeing to Submit 737 MAX Software Upgrade 'In the Coming Weeks'
- Boeing left out a 737 Max safety feature linked to its fatal crashes, despite including it on an earlier plane, report claims
- Boeing 737 Max Jet Sees Another Software Flaw
- Boeing 737 Max Software Fix Unveiled, Awaits US Regulator's Approval
- Boeing Seeks Regulators' OK, Says 737 MAX Software Update Complete
- Boeing Now Aims to Finish Software Fix for 737 Max in September
American Airlines extends cancellations until August 19 because of 737 Max grounding have 320 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 14, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.