Benetton Rugby earned a 27-27 Guinness PRO14 draw with Leinster in Dublin as Tommaso Allan landed the levelling conversion of Fijian winger Iliesa Ratuva’s last-minute try.Benetton certainly like playing at the RDS Arena where they enjoyed a famous 17-15 win 12 months ago and hooker Luca Bigi’s 12th-minute try was the launchpad for a 13-6 half-time lead.Italy fly-half Allan kicked the other points with Noel Reid and his replacement Ciaran Frawley booting a penalty apiece for Leinster.Leinster improved on the resumption and twice drew level, with tries from James Lowe and replacement Bryan Byrne sandwiching Federico Ruzza’s 53rd-minute effort.The impressive Frawley slalomed over for a classy 70th-minute score, which he converted himself, but the Italians’ persistence was eventually rewarded as they moved within two points of second-placed Ulster in Conference B.It was an attritional opening 40 minutes for Leinster, who lost both Reid and Mick Kearney to injury.A couple of sloppy penalties, with Conor O’Brien and James Tracy infringing at rucks, invited the visitors forward and they hit the front from their first line-out opportunity, Bigi breaking from a maul to score to the left of the posts. Allan converted before a Reid penalty opened Leinster’s account, rewarding a fine… Read full this story
- Peter O’Mahony: Leinster will be ready
- Leinster-Racing 92 combined XV: Leinster have the edge ahead of Champions Cup final
- Anyone up to the challenge of lassooing Leinster?
- Munster come up just short at the RDS as Leinster keep double dream alive after dogged display
- Bernard Jackman: Gutsy win will give these Leinster youngsters confidence to turn four stars into five
- Why Leinster’s key numbers all stack up for future dominance
- Former Ipswich keeper Supple called up by Republic of Ireland... nine years after giving up football
- Jose Mourinho's verdict on Manchester United's draw at West Ham as he reveals plans for changes
- Leinster v Scarlets examined: cracking the code after annihilation
- Leinster vs Scarlets PRO14 final confirmed
- Africa: Last-Gasp Congo Deny Botswana
- Pro14 final: Leinster 40-32 Scarlets
Last-gasp try gives Benetton draw at Leinster have 331 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at April 6, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.