U.S. Today, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II turns 93. The monarch, who has ruled for longer than any other in British history, is a well-respected figure across the world. As well as being Queen, she has raised four children, nurtured grandchildren, as well as great-grandchildren.But who will the Queen be spending her birthday with? And why does she have two birthdays? A History of the QueenAccording to the official website for the British Royal Family, the Queen was born at 2.40 a.m. on April 21, 1926 at 17 Bruton Street in Mayfair, London. She was the first child of The Duke and Duchess of York—who later became King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.Originally not seemingly destined for the throne, her life changed when her uncle—King Edward VIII—abdicated in December 1936 so he could marry a divorced American, Mrs Wallis Simpson. This left her father as King, and her as next in line to the throne.Princess Elizabeth and her younger sister, Princess Margaret, were educated at home, though she was taught religious studies by the Archbishop of Canterbury. She was also a Girl Guide and a Sea Ranger. The Queen’s coronation took place in Westminster Abbey on June 2, 1953. It was conducted by Geoffrey Fisher, Archbishop of Canterbury.Who… Read full this story
- The day Queen Elizabeth II was nearly shot
- When was Queen Elizabeth II’s coronation, how old was the Queen when she was crowned and where was it held?
- Champions Day target for Richard Fahey’s Ribchester with the QIPCO Queen Elizabeth II Stakes the favoured option
- Scotland’s newest canal named Queen Elizabeth II Canal
- Who is Claire Foy? Queen Elizabeth II actress in The Crown who starred in Wolf Hall
- Who is Claire Foy? Queen Elizabeth II actress in The Crown season two who featured in Wolf Hall
- Who is Claire Foy? Queen Elizabeth II actress in The Crown who also appeared in Wolf Hall
- Queen Elizabeth II celebrates her 90th birthday as she is saluted as a glorious monarch
- Happy birthday Queen Elizabeth II - fully entitled to bask in today’s warm greetings
- What is the Queen’s net worth, how much does Queen Elizabeth II earn and what was the Paradise Papers row?
- What’s the Queen’s net worth, how much does Queen Elizabeth II earn and what was the Paradise Papers issue?
- What is the Queen’s net worth, how much does Queen Elizabeth II earn and what was the Paradise Papers issue?
Queen Elizabeth II Birthday: Facts About the British Monarch as She Turns 93 have 406 words, post on www.newsweek.com at April 20, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.