Three key Hurricanes have the week off, skipping their sides’ trip to Tokyo. Ardie Savea, Beauden Barrett and Jordie Barrett have been rested for the Good Friday clash with the Sunwolves – the international trio on an All Blacks rest week. But coach John Plumtree has still named an exciting 23 for the round 10 matchup, which includes six New Zealand test players. Brodie Retallick, Nathan Harris out of Chiefs against Lions Could Aaron Cruden be All Blacks bolter? Centre Matt Proctor replaces Jordie Barrett in the midfield while young pivot Fletcher Smith will wear the No.10 jersey. The impressive Du’Plessis Kirifi slots in at openside flanker in Savea’s absence. Inform second-five Ngani Laumpae partners Proctor in a powerful backline that includes an exciting three-quarters trio of Chase Tiatia, Wes Goosen and Ben Lam. Up front, Plumtree has kept faith in the front row that helped dispatch the Highlanders two weeks ago, naming Ben May and Fraser Armstrong to prop the scrum. Ricky Riccitelli will wear the No.2 jersey. Plumtree said the Hurricanes’ bye came at the perfect time. “There is no doubt the bye came at a good time for the squad which played 10 games in a row… Read full this story
- 2019 Rugby Championship final: New Zealand put world No 1 ranking on the line against Australia
- Mark Reason: Finally the All Blacks use their kicking game - it's how you win at test rugby
- Rugby World Cup group-stage deciders threatened by Super Typhoon Hagibis
- Ex-Kiwis prop Ged Stokes hailed by Frank Endacott for 'giving plenty to rugby league'
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by Facebook - Senate makes SCOTUS nominee Barrett a proxy for divisive 2020
- Leeds Rhinos' Kevin Sinfield on his greatest ever challenge and friendship with Rob Burrow
- Stubborn cricket viewers might settle for words without pictures
- 100 burning questions about 2020 NFL season with kickoff just months away
- Scott Walker wins Wisconsin recall election
- 10 of the Biggest Breakthrough Artists of 2020
- 75 best Cyber Monday sales 2020: Last-minute discounts at M&S, John Lewis, ASOS & MORE
- Supreme Court declines to hear Trump-supported Texas case over election results in four other states
Super Rugby 2019: Beauden Barrett, Jordie Barrett and Ardie Savea rested for Hurricanes v Sunwolves have 342 words, post on www.newshub.co.nz at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.