Email By business reporter Emily Stewart Updated May 30, 2019 08:21:55 Photo: Does looking at the ASX board just leave you with questions? (ABC News: Andrew Harrison) Related Link: Juicy Slice — investing 101 Related Story: ‘I couldn’t go shopping’: Lisa says she suffered financially for years Related Story: Here are the right questions to ask if you’re having trouble trusting financial planners Related Story: Young people are getting robots to manage their investments. Here’s why Related Story: What to look out for when applying for a loan (hint: watch out for those school fees) Map: Australia When you think of the stock market, do you feel bamboozled by the jargon? Don’t know your bulls from your bears or your dividends from diversification? Maybe you think a typical investor is a man in a suit — and that’s not you. While most of us have shares through superannuation, fewer Australian women invest directly in shares — just 31 per cent — compared to 44 per cent of men, according to the ASX 2017 Investor Study. But it doesn’t mean women aren’t interested. Photo: Dasunika Tennakoon wrote to us and asked about how to start investing in shares . (Supplied: Dasunika… Read full this story
- Disabled man spent 13 years paying back £50k he lost after falling for ‘fake’ shares investment scam
- What you need to know about pensions in 2019
- The new dating words you need to know for 2019- including orbiting
- 'F*** fame. I don’t need fame or fortune'
- Paul Kimmage meets Stephen Kenny: 'I realised, I don't care what people think, I know as much as anyone'
- The Chinese Madrileños who are fighting persisting stereotypes
- Alex Kane: Unionists don't need to panic about the border... however, they do need to be prepared
- 'I don't know if it is possible'
- 50 facts you didn't know about how the Royal Mint makes coins
- Here Is the Future of Car Sharing, and Carmakers Should Be Terrified
- Storm ahead? Here’s how to prepare for a financial crisis
- There’s much more to Spain than sunbathing and shopping! Here’s what you need to know about the top hot spots
Don't be put off by the blokey stereotype of share investing. Here's what you need to know have 343 words, post on www.abc.net.au at May 30, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.