More than 2,500 NHS Scotland operations cancelled in March BelfastTelegraph.co.uk The number of cancelled operations in Scotland’s hospitals is on the rise, sparking calls for the Health Secretary to ease pressure on the NHS. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/more-than-2500-nhs-scotland-operations-cancelled-in-march-38087866.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/article38087864.ece/f63f6/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_26c51fd1-4420-4a00-88a5-75eda3476103_1 Email The number of cancelled operations in Scotland’s hospitals is on the rise, sparking calls for the Health Secretary to ease pressure on the NHS. Latest figures show that the number of cancellations in March was 2,508, up from 2,457 scrapped procedures in February. Compared to March 2018, when the Beast from the East storm was still affecting services, the percentage of cancellations dropped from 12.6% of planned operations to 8.5%. Official NHS statistics for March 2019 reveal that, of the total 29,632 planned operations, 934 (3.2%) were cancelled by the patient; 965 (3.3%) were cancelled by the hospital for clinical reasons; 490 (1.7%) were cancelled by the hospital due to capacity or non-clinical reasons and 119 (0.4%) did not go ahead for unspecified reasons. NHS staff do an incredible job but the simple fact is they haven’t got the resources they need to meet demand and keep operations running to schedule Alex Cole-Hamilton MSP Commenting on the findings, Scottish Liberal Democrat health spokesman… Read full this story
- Bingo Online - A Smoker's Paradise
- Dental Insurance: Biting on the Cost for Private Treatment
- The Sport of Kings at Leith
- U.S. Military Suffers Equipment & Base Shortfalls
- The World is Not Enough - Calling for a More Ethical Approach to Personal Finance
- The Telephone - A Brief History
- Chevrolet Vega
- Don't Forget Glasgow's Festivals!
- The B-47E Stratojet
- Beware Of This Debt Consolidation Lending Risk
- India Shining - Financial Bill 2006-07; Union Govt. of India
- Not all Security Threats are Created Equal
More than 2,500 NHS Scotland operations cancelled in March have 298 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at May 7, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.