South Korea’s military said North Korea conducted its second weapons test in less than a week Wednesday, firing two short-range ballistic missiles off its east coast in a move observers say could be aimed at boosting pressure on the United States as the rivals struggle to set up fresh nuclear talks. South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a statement that the missiles were launched from Wonsan, a city the North pushes as a vacation destination but that it also uses as a regular launch site. It said both missiles were believed to have flown about 250 kilometers (155 miles) at a maximum altitude of 30 kilometers (19 miles) and that the South Korean and U.S. militaries were trying to gather more details. The test would be yet another North Korean violation of U.N. Security Council resolutions and comes as the country’s negotiations with the U.S. over its nuclear weapons program are at a stalemate and as Pyongyang has expressed anger over planned U.S.-South Korean military drills. “The North’s repeated missile launches are not helpful to efforts to ease tensions on the Korean Peninsula, and we urge (North Korea) to stop this kind of behavior,” the South Korean statement… Read full this story
- US Nuclear Sub Docks in South Korea as North Test-Fires 'New Tactical Guided' Missile - Report
- North Korea Fires Two Unidentified Projectiles Into Sea of Japan - South Korean Military
- North Korea launches two suspected missiles after warnings to Washington
- North Korea launches ballistic missile into Japanese waters
- U.S. North Korea envoy Biegun nominated for No. 2 job at State Department
- Sweden and North Korea end talks ahead of possible Trump-Kim summit
- North Korea stays silent on Donald Trump meeting with Kim Jong Un
- North Korea denuclearization: Can Pyongyang be trusted?
- North Korea's Kim Says Latest Missile Test Is 'Warning' Over US-South Korea Drills
- Japan condemns North Korea's submarine missile launch as 'unforgivable'
- US and South Korea to scrap major military exercises in spring
- What We Know So Far About North Korean New Missile Test and What to Expect Now
North Korea fired 2 short-range ballistic missiles, Seoul says have 339 words, post on www.dailysabah.com at July 31, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.