Phillies outfielder Odúbel Herrera received an 85-game unpaid suspension from Major League Baseball, the league announced Friday. While his suspension is retroactive to June 24, it is still expected to extend through the 2019 postseason and into 2020 season and will not be appealed by Herrera. Per MLB’s official statement, Herrera will also participate in a “confidential and comprehensive evaluation and treatment program supervised by the Joint Policy Board.” The 27-year-old Herrera was arrested on May 27 and charged with simple assault and knowingly causing bodily injury after leaving handprint marks and scratches on his girlfriend’s neck and arms. He was placed on administrative leave and appeared in court on July 3, after which his girlfriend declined to press charges and he agreed to complete “batterer’s counseling” sessions. The Phillies released their own statement following the announcement: #Phillies have issued the following statement on the suspension of Odúbel Herrera: pic.twitter.com/tNA3cD8jEn — Philadelphia Phillies (@Phillies) July 5, 2019 Prior to his placement on the restricted list, Herrera appeared in just 39 games for the Phillies. Whether or not he is welcomed back to the team at the end of his 85-game suspension has yet to be determined, but Meghan Montemurro of… Read full this story
- Sam Billings hungrier than ever after bitter season ends sweetly
- Ghulam Shabber suspended by Emirates board, being investigated by ACU
- Everything You Need To Know About ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 8
- Here are all the news announcements from EA Play 2019
- Introducing the Strictly Come Dancing class of 2019! Soap star Catherine Tyldesley, YouTuber Saffron Barker, Drag Race favourite Michelle Visage and ex-Lioness Alex Scott dust off their dancing shoes in first official portraits
- The Best Races to Watch at the 2019 IAAF World Championships
- Everything You Need to Know About the 2019 Prefontaine Classic
- We might not get another season of 'Stranger Things' until 2019 because next year's gonna suck too
- Pat Brown hopes to stave off sophomore syndrome after breakthrough debut season
- Darren Stevens 'ecstatic' after late-season stardust forces Kent into contract U-turn
- Does Vitamin D Help With Seasonal Affective Disorder?
- IPL 2019, MI vs RCB: When And Where To Watch Live Telecast, Live Streaming
Odúbel Herrera suspended for remainder of 2019 season have 347 words, post on mlb.nbcsports.com at July 5, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.