In brief: Amazon is investigating reports that Foxconn has been violating labor laws by requiring teenagers to work more than they’re legally allowed to. As the trade war between the US and China keeps intensifying, the manufacturing giant may be cutting corners to meet production targets, even if it means breaking labor laws. Foxconn has a long history of controversies over the way it exploits people in its factories, and the general working conditions they provide to those that assemble consumer electronics for big tech. A report from The Guardian claims Foxconn has hired children and has coerced them to work night shifts and overtime to produce Amazon Echo and Kindle devices, something that is prohibited under Chinese labor laws. The information was found through interviews with workers and leaked documents that paint a disturbing picture of a Foxconn facility located in the southern Chinese city of Hengyang. The company reportedly hired more than 1,500 “interns” for the job of assembling Amazon’s devices, who were teenagers between the ages of 16 and 18. While Chinese labor laws do allow companies to hire teenagers that are over 16 years old to work in manufacturing, they explicitly prohibit overtime and night shifts…. Read full this story
- Using AdWords To Make Money
- What Difference Can the Use of Biodiesel Make?
- Question: How Can I Sell Used Childrens Books Online as a Part-Time Business?
- Keep Your Children From Making You Late For Work
- Using Appreciation to Make a Difference
- Use of software makes school management task easy
- Using RSS TO Make Money Online
- Using Adsense To Make Your Web Site Profitable!
- Using House Slippers Make You Feel at Home
- Your Extraordinary Children: Is Making it to Nationwide Fame The Only Way You Will See Them As Succe
- How to Gain Custody of Children - What Makes You a Better Parent?
- Using Internet To Make Phone Calls
Amazon is investigating whether Foxconn has been using children illegally to make Alexa speakers have 303 words, post on www.techspot.com at August 10, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.