DEAR ABBY: I have known this man, “Finn,” for years. We grew up together. He was the annoying boy on the playground who turned into my first love when we were in college. We live in different states now, so we have grown distant, although we still talk on holidays and birthdays. It’s been quite a while since we were together, but I still can’t get over him. I haven’t tried to find another guy because I know he will be second to Finn, and that’s not fair to him. Is it weird that I still go to text Finn when something big happens but realize I can’t, or that I dream about us still? How do I get over a guy I love and only broke up with because he didn’t want to move? I will never go back to our hometown. It was an awful place. So what do I do? — TRYING NOT TO LOVE HIM DEAR TRYING: Here’s what you do. Accept the fact that Finn is a “married man” — someone wedded to his hometown, which you have long outgrown. Then stop idealizing a person who didn’t value your relationship enough to consider relocating with… Read full this story
- Dear Abby: Estrangement may be permanent
- Dear Abby: Boyfriend's job a source of worry
- Dear Abby: Before baby arrives, set house rules
- Dear Abby: Honest talk with doctor may help
- Dear Abby: Father's failure to act harms son
- Dear Abby: Friend frets that woman living at home is missing out on life
- ‘Dear Comrade’ Trailer: Intense love story between a female cricketer and truculent youngster
- Never Tell a Woman You Love Her! (Unless...)
- Love Island 2019 couples – who has split and who is still together?
- The REAL reason you never see Love Island contestants cook
- This week in Savage Love: The man show
- Why won’t he say he loves me?
Dear Abby: Woman can’t move on from hometown first love have 312 words, post on www.al.com at August 31, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.