KINGSTON: India’s Hanuma Vihari dedicated his maiden Test ton to his late father, keeping a promise he made to himself right after he lost one of his favourites 13 years ago. Apart from remembering his father, Vihari thanked bowler Ishant Sharma for batting, at times, better than the recognised batsman at the other end during their partnership in the second Test against West Indies. The unassuming Vihari felt Ishant helped him keep his word. “Actually, my dad passed away when I was 12 so ever since, I have decided that when I play international cricket I want to dedicate my first hundred to him,” Vihari said after his career-best 111. The 25-year-old added, “Today is an emotional day and I hope he is proud wherever he is and I’m really happy that I achieved that.” I would like to dedicate my maiden ton to my late father – @Hanumavihari. https://t.co/ItRsG63z0M— BCCI (@BCCI) 1567326600000 Together with Ishant (57 off 80 balls), who scored his maiden fifty, Vihari shared 112 runs off 28.3 overs for the eighth wicket to frustrate the West Indies for a long time. “Happy that I got a century and credit should go to Ishant. He looked more… Read full this story
- India Vs Australia: Mohammed Shami to KL Rahul to Jasprit Bumrah; full list of injured players Down Under
- IND vs AUS 2021: Mohammed Siraj Remembers His Late Father Afer Picking up Maiden Five-Wicket Haul in Brisbane, Says Can't Express My Feelings in Words | WATCH VIDEO
- India vs Australia 4th Test: Fearless India conquer Gabba, Aussies for historic 2-1 series triumph
- India vs Australia: How 'humble' boys tamed Aussies at Fort Gabba!
- India vs Australia 4th Test: Know the highest chase in Gabba; India's highest 4th innings totals Down Under
- "Wear that 36 all out like a badge," R Sridhar recalls Ravi Shastri's inspiring words after Adelaide disaster
- 36 all-out to 2-1: key factors in India’s defiant comeback in the 2020-21 Australia tour
- Leach leaves Sri Lanka in a spin before late England wobble
- Aus. vs. India | Natarajan late strikes lifts India; Labuschagne scores century
- Rishabh Pant guides India to historic, series-clinching win at Gabba
- Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test: Anderson replaces Broad in Galle as England eye Sri Lanka whitewash
- DAY OF THE BRAVEHEARTS INCREDIBLE INDIA
India vs West Indies: Hanuma Vihari dedicates maiden ton to late father, thanks Ishant Sharma for helping him keep his word have 369 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at September 1, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.