By James Leggate Published September 19, 2019 Weather FOXBusiness Facebook Twitter Comments Print video Damaging storms are becoming more frequent: Sen. John Kennedy Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., on Tropical Storm Barry and concerns about the impact of seemingly more frequent damaging storms. The remnants of Tropical Storm Imelda have dumped the most rain on Houston that the area has seen since Hurricane Harvey. Continue Reading Below More than 10 inches had fallen in just 24 hours in parts of Harris County, where Houston is located, and more than 20 inches had fallen in some parts of neighboring Montgomery County, according to preliminary data from the National Weather Service. More than 50 inches of rain fell in parts of the Houston area when Harvey struck southeastern Texas in 2017. It brought maximum winds of 130 mph, killed dozens of people and forced hundreds of thousands to evacuate. MORE FROM FOXBUSINESS.COM HURRICANE DORIAN DAMAGE IN BAHAMAS ESTIMATED AT $7B COSTLIEST HURRICANES IN US HISTORY Widespread flooding was reported across the area after Imelda made landfall. Some were calling it “worse than Harvey,” FOX26 reported. Splendora Police Lt. Troy Teller, left, Cpl. Jacob Rutherford and Mike Jones pull a boat carrying Anita McFadden and Fred… Read full this story
- The Latest: Florida coast sees tropical storm conditions
- Hurricane Dorian lashes Florida with tropical storm conditions, as Carolinas brace for 'very close brush'
- New Montgomery County flood task force welcomed by Woodlands officials
- Flood mitigation a key part of spaceport’s first phase
- Vermont likely to seek disaster aid from Halloween storm
- The Latest: Bomb cyclone storm hits US interior
- Houston tweaks Adopt-A-Drain website, rules after sewers linked to sex toy retailer
- Cyclone Idai could be the deadliest tropical cyclone to hit Africa. Here's what you need to know
- FEMA awards Humble ISD $25 million to build flood gates at Kingwood High
- Hundreds of thousands of starving cows die after devastating floods - as a bizarre aid mix-up is blamed for 'the greatest livestock disaster Australia has ever seen'
- Harvey’s not over, but Hurricane Irma is now headed toward the East Coast
- Russian River towns rise from past disaster to weather the floods
Tropical storm floods Houston with damage that may rival Harvey have 341 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.