Nagpur: Congress leader and former MP from North-West Delhi Udit Raj on Tuesday came down on his former party â the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) â accusing it of pushing India towards poverty and bankruptcy. Addressing a press conference, Raj said the main difference between the Congress and the BJP was that the institutions set up by the grand old party by utilizing public money are being ruined by the saffron party. Increasing unemployment, privatization of the public sector, Hindu-Muslim divide, anti-Pakistan rant, witch hunt and inflation were major concerns raised by the Dalit leader. Citing these examples, Raj cautioned Maharashtra voters to use due diligence when they exercise their franchise on October 21. Raj said the country canât progress when people are divided on religious lines or when a major section like the Muslims and Dalits are sidelined. âThe BJP or BSP or any other party has not done anything for the Muslims and Dalits as much as the Congress. It was the Congress which gave land to the landless, scholarships and several other schemes,â he claimed. On the BJP government planning to sell BPCL stakes and privatization of Railways, Raj said the country is watching what they are… Read full this story
- Carillion’s board presided over ‘rotten corporate culture’, say MPs
- 'Religion should be at heart of public debate', says MPs' vicar
- Ministers must extend cap on payday loans to other high credit that’s targeting poor, vulnerable Brits, MPs say
- Force offers 'poor service' says chief
- England beat weirdly sluggish India at Lord's as Joe Root returns to ODI form with a century
- In India’s Assam, fate of 4 million Muslims hangs in balance
- Rape and murder of teenage girl sparks mass protests in India after politician arrested
- England vs India, first Test day 2 LIVE: Follow action from Edgbaston
- UK's failure to oppose death penalty for 'ISIS Beatles' 'makes us look weak'
- Brexit: India 'not in a rush' to sign trade deal with Britain, ambassador says
- Sam Curran tears through top order but masterly Virat Kohli saves India with magnificent century
- Adil Rashid named in England squad for Test series against India as ECB opens itself up to tide of criticism
BJP wants to make India poor, bankrupt, says former MP Raj have 352 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.