The landmark law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2023 Advertisement fur ban Credit: David Cliff/NurPhoto via Getty Soon all fur sold in California will be faux. According to In Defense of Animals , California Governor Gavin Newsom signed Assembly Bill 44 , a bill banning the production and sale of fur statewide, into law on October 12. Get push notifications with news, features and more. + Follow Following You’ll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. By enacting this bill, California has become the first state to fully outlaw fur sales and production statewide. "California's groundbreaking new law sounds the death knell for the sickeningly cruel fur industry and marks a major victory for animals, people, and the environment," Fleur Dawes, Communications Director for In Defense of Animals, said in a statement . "The enactment of AB 44 reflects the evolving attitudes of compassionate Californians who reject 'fashion' made from tortured animals, and paves the way for other states — and ultimately, the world — to go fur-free." As Dawes statement reflects, In Defense of Animals and other animal welfare organizations are hopeful that this new ban will be the beginning of the end… Read full this story
- FSSAI seizes 21 kg of banned tobacco products near Avinashi
- States ban Russian liquor, divest pension funds over Ukraine invasion
- Russia slapped with Apple BAN: All product sales from US tech giant immediately halted
- UPDATE: 28 Projects Make First Cut In State’s $100M Production Tax Credit Lottery
- EXPLAINED: What Does A United States Ban On Russian Oil Accomplish?
- Brexit triumph as UK leads the way on animal rights leaving ‘GRIM’ fur trade with EU
- Brexit to improve UK standards as Boris eyes outright ban on fur sales post EU transition
- Chris Packham: Don’t backtrack on fur and foie gras import ban
- Cabinet U-turned on fur and foie gras bans while Carrie Johnson was away
- Your dog isn't a 'fur baby', it's your property
- Newsom Wants Tax Rebate, Touts ‘California Way’ Of Governing
- Gov. Newsom Delivers Optimistic Message, Promises Tax Rebate in State of the State
California Becomes First State to Ban the Sale and Production of Animal Fur Products have 338 words, post on people.com at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.