Away from the Haryana heartland, Gurgaon has never really found itself in the thick of state politics. It has mainly been a spectator, watching the palace intrigue from a distance. But this election, much of the drama has unfolded in south Haryana because of rumblings and rebellions, primarily in the ruling party but also in opposition ranks. It has kept election strategists on edge and made for absorbing viewing for others. TOI walks you through the main battles of south Haryana 24 hours before balloting day Rewari The contest in Rewari is likely to be the closest one in south Haryana. The biggest challenger here is Independent candidate Randhir Singh Kapriwas, the incumbent BJP MLA who was denied a ticket by his party. After losing two elections in 2004 and 2009 as a BJP candidate, Kapriwas defeated his closest rival Satish Yadav from INLD by 45,466 votes in the last assembly election. While this will be the fourth time he will contest, his rivals â Congressâs Chiranjeev Rao and BJPâs Sunil Musepur â are both firsttimers who are counting on endorsements by veterans. Chiranjeev is banking on the influence of his father, veteran Congress leader Captain Ajay Yadav, who won… Read full this story
- ‘Game of Thrones’ big battle episode: Love it or hate it?
- Ahead of Assembly polls, Rahul Gandhi leaves for Bangkok
- Biden dominates Dem rivals in new early primary polls
- SC cities' plastics bans should be allowed, majority say in Winthrop poll
- New poll shows Joe Biden surging in Democratic field
- Big question answered: The state of military spending
- Why big yellow buses are the big red herring of 2020
- Lee, defense shines for Battle in pair of wins on Saturday
- De Blasio is no one’s choice for president in Iowa: poll
- De Blasio fails to register in new Democratic primary poll
- Jill Biden makes her pitch to rural voters in South Carolina
- Recruiting: USC strikes again in NC; Clemson eyes big week
Haryana polls: South Haryana’s big battles have 313 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 20, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.