Hillary Clinton is the latest public figure to throw her support behind Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, in the midst of the Sussexes’ legal battle against British tabloid t Advertisement “I do want to say that the way she’s been treated is inexplicable,” the former secretary of state—a self-proclaimed “huge Meghan Markle fan”—told UK newspaper t (h/t the Daily Beast), during a joint interview with daughter Chelsea promoting their new bestseller, The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience. While Clinton acknowledged that British media laws are very different than the United States’, she didn’t shy away from the idea that racism might be at play when it comes to the treatment of the Duchess of Sussex. “I think if the explanation is that she’s biracial, then shame on everybody,” she said, pointedly adding, “It’s certainly part of it.” Chelsea Clinton shied away from specifically indicting racism as the issue, saying, “I think…it’s because she proudly had a career first and has a voice that she thankfully continues to use. Anyone who has the temerity to break the mold of what has previously been established and expected often, unfortunately, receives criticism and bile that I don’t understand. We’ve… Read full this story
- Meghan Markle Taking Over One of The Queen's Tasks
- What Bill Clinton was really thinking
- Senfronia Thompson Says #MeToo: Texas Lawmaker on 45 Years of Sexism, Racism at the Capitol
- Inside the Pro-Trump Effort to Keep Black Voters From the Polls
- Black is the new White
- What Kind of New Yorker Gets Up Early for a Royal Wedding?
- Parents found guilty of luring daughter to Bangladesh for forced marriage to cousin
- Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor: John Zogby, John Zogby Strategies
- Reviews Mixed for Starbucks Shutdown for Unconscious Bias Training
- How Trump’s Legal Defense Mimics Christian Apologetics
- The state of cannabis use in Wales
- Don't be so quick to judge Hammond for selling off RBS shares at 'no profit' to the taxpayer – it's not that simple
'Shame on Everybody': Hillary Clinton Acknowledges That Racism Is 'Certainly Part of' the Treatment of Meghan Markle have 331 words, post on theglowup.theroot.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.