Drew Magary’s Thursday Afternoon NFL Dick Joke Jamboroo runs every Thursday during the NFL season. Email Drew here . Buy his book here . Football games don’t have to end like this. Last year in the NFL, only four onside kicks were recovered all season long, down from 12 in 2017 (with Miami having recovered four of them on their own!). So far this year, no team has recovered one. Two weeks ago, the Colts were down to the Raiders with just 70 seconds left to play. They had all three timeouts left. With that in mind, Frank Reich elected to kick away and hope his defense could stop the Raiders on successive plays. And really, it was the only choice he had. Reich isn’t a dinosaur. He didn’t eschew the onside kick because he was being too conservative. He was simply following the math to its logical end. Thanks to formation restrictions and other safety implementations, the NFL has made it impossible to recover an onside kick, so why bother to attempt one? Advertisement Every year, some game ends in a tie, or some other overtime game ends abruptly because one team failed to get a possession in the… Read full this story
- What to Do If You Find Dead Pixels on Your Laptop Screen
- The Walking Dead's
- Get Spiritual and Kick Butt!
- Deadly Pressure Points Demystified
- Top Tips For Fixing Scratched Playstation CDs
- 2008 Trends in Ocean Dead Zones and Pollution
- Xbox 360 Repair Guide - Fix Red Light Errors In Less Than 1 Hour Today! A Free Quick Start Guide
- Dead Dog - Owner's Story of the Last 24 Hours With Their Dog
- Quick Fixes For Car Start Problems
- Xbox 360 3 Red Light Fix - How To Fix This Error Permanently
- Stop Your Divorce Dead in Its Tracks - Two Things You Must Do to Fix a Marriage
- Dead Sea Products Helped My Cat to Get Rid of Chronic Itchy Bumps
The Onside Kick Is Dead. Here’s How To Fix It. have 309 words, post on deadspin.com at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.