Tories to axe hospital car parking fees for millions Tories promise an extra 50,000 nurses for the NHS The Tory manifesto broken down by section Subscribe to The Telegraph, free for 30 days Join our election phone in Boris Johnson pledged an extra 50,000 NHS nurses as a major policy in his manifesto launch as he vowed to get Brexit done. At the launch of his manifesto the Prime Minister said that there will be 6,000 more doctors in GP surgeries and 6,000 more primary care staff such as physiotherapists and pharmacists. He also reintroduced a nurse bursary – which the Government had scrapped – worth £5,000 to £8,000 per year. In response to criticism from Labour, which said the NHS could be “up for sale” in trade talks, the manifesto says: “When we are negotiating trade deals, the NHS will not be on the table.” On hospital parking in England, parking will become free for people with disabilities, frequent outpatients, parents of sick children staying overnight and NHS staff working night shifts. Parking is already free in Scotland and Wales. As previously announced, there will be an extra £1 billion a year for social care and a promise of cross-party working, 50 million… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson urged to nominate new EU commissioner 'rapidly'
- Boris Johnson channels Churchill to say we are near the 'end of the first phase' in fight against coronavirus - but lockdown MUST go on - and pledges 'open and transparent' debate with Opposition and business leaders to get Britain back to work
- 'We are past the peak': Boris Johnson says the UK is on the 'downward slope' but urges the country to 'keep going' with lockdown as he heads No10 press briefing for the first time since recovering from coronavirus
- Britain falls silent for NHS heroes: Boris Johnson leads one minute tribute to health service staff and key workers killed by coronavirus
- Where is Boris Johnson and when is he returning to work as Prime Minister?
- Boris Johnson could ‘modify’ lockdown BEFORE May 7 deadline as he returns to Downing Street after coronavirus recovery
- 'Superspreader city' London faces total lockdown in DAYS as Boris Johnson says he 'rules nothing out' and 20,000 troops are put on standby to enforce new laws - after UK's daily death rate DOUBLED to 33 in 24 hours
- Boris Johnson is FINALLY set to U-turn and overrule control-freak public health chiefs by asking independent science labs to join 'Dunkirk-style' bid for mass coronavirus testing
- Hero doctors ‘honoured and humbled’ to be named after Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds’ ‘beautiful’ baby son
- Lockdown until JUNE: Boris Johnson is set to dash hopes of an early end to coronavirus curbs as he gathers Cabinet for 'exit plan' talks with Nicola Sturgeon ALREADY ruling out loosening and ministers saying a second spike would be a 'disaster'
- Poorly-looking Boris Johnson takes to his doorstep from coronavirus quarantine in Downing Street as he joins millions of people across UK clapping, cheering and setting off fireworks to applaud the NHS and key workers for second week in a row
- Coronavirus UK LIVE: Boris Johnson set to unveil lockdown exit strategy this week as deaths hit 28,446
General election 2019: Boris Johnson pledges 50,000 NHS nurses as major policy in Conservative manifesto launch - latest news have 507 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at November 24, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.