More than 3.1m people have applied to register to vote since MPs agreed to an election at the end of October.The Electoral Reform Society says 875,300 more applications have been made in this period, compared to the 34 days between the calling of the election and polling day in 2017.It says the “surge” in registrations is “highly encouraging”.People who want to take part in the general election on 12 December had until midnight to register. Those in England, Scotland or Wales who want to apply to vote by post had until 17:00 GMT on Tuesday to do so. People who want someone to vote on their behalf have until the same time on 4 December to apply. However the deadline for voters in Northern Ireland to apply for a postal or proxy vote has already passed. About 45.8m people were already registered to vote in UK parliamentary elections as of December 2018, according to the Office for National Statistics. How can I register to vote in 2019 election? Who should I vote for? Election policy guide Election poll tracker: How do the parties compare? About two-thirds of those who have registered since the end of October are under the age… Read full this story
- General election 2019: Boris Johnson pledges 50,000 NHS nurses as major policy in Conservative manifesto launch - latest news
- General Election 2019: Will there be checks on goods entering NI?
- The key marginal seats to watch in tonight's general election results
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu faces midnight deadline to form new government
- European elections 2019: Who are the UK candidates, which parties are standing and what are the latest odds?
- Throwing Out The Dead Wood: How Many MPs Could Be Deselected Before UK General Election?
- ITV's general election coverage to feature three-way swingometer
- Convocation of sovereign national confab before the 2023 general elections (3)
- European elections 2019 – how do EU Parliament elections work and how do I vote?
- Delhi Assembly elections 2020: How to vote using EVM and VVPAT
- New Zealand PM set to announce September 19 general election: reports
- Delhi assembly election 2020: How to vote without carrying voter ID card to polling booth
General election 2019: More than 3.1m register to vote ahead of midnight deadline have 338 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at November 26, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.