The Bachelorette‘s Jamie Doran caused chaos at the cocktail party this week after accusing front-runner Carlin Sterritt of plotting to be next year’s Bachelor.
And following his elimination on Thursday night’s episode, Jamie is standing by his claims and insists that Carlin isn’t on the show for the right reasons.
Speaking on The Reality Bite: Cocktails and Roses podcast, the 39-year-old firefighter said: ‘Carlin is a good guy but I know what I heard and I speak the truth.’
‘I know what I heard’: Following his elimination on Thursday’s episode of The Bachelorette, Jamie Doran (pictured) is standing by his claims that Carlin Sterritt is only on the show for fame
He continued: ‘There is no way I would ever apologise for speaking the truth… what I heard more than once is him saying [he wants to be the Bachelor].’
Jamie added that several other contestants heard Carlin make the comment but they chose not to back him up when he broke the news to Angie Kent.
‘There were other people [around] when he said it one of the times, so I’m not sure what’s going on there,’ he said.
‘I speak the truth’: Jamie told The Reality Bite podcast this week that he heard Carlin (pictured) saying he wants to be the next Bachelor ‘more than once’
‘I don’t know if it’s this “what is said in the mansion stays in the mansion business”, but I know what I heard and I call a spade a spade so I told Angie to her face.’
Jamie concluded: ‘I care about her enough that I feel like she needs to know about that locker room talk.’
On Wednesday’s episode, tensions were running high when Jamie told Angie about Carlin’s secret plan to be next year’s Bachelor.
Controversial: Jamie caused chaos at the cocktail party this week after accusing Carlin of having an ulterior motive for being on The Bachelorette. Pictured with Angie Kent (right)
‘He walks around this place, peacocking, talking about being the 2020 Bachelor next year,’ Jamie said, leaving Angie in a state of shock.
‘I sense disloyalty and I sense a snake in the grass and I sense that he puts this 12-hour character on for you,’ he added.
‘I feel Carlin is here to further his TV and acting career.’
Heartbroken: Angie (pictured), who has the strongest connection with Carlin out of all the suitors, was devastated by the news and burst into tears in the show’s production room
Angie, who has the strongest connection with Carlin out of all the suitors, was devastated by the news and burst into tears in the show’s production room.
Eventually, smooth talker Carlin managed to convince Angie he does have genuine intentions, but it remains to be seen if he was telling the truth.
The Bachelorette continues Wednesday at 7:30pm on Channel 10
Is he there for the right reasons? Eventually, smooth talker Carlin managed to convince Angie he does have genuine intentions, but it remains to be seen if he was telling the truth
- Mueller is eyeing Flynn’s involvement in a film his lobbying firm did not want anyone to know about
- Gordon Ramsay says Brexit will be a ‘kick up the a***’ for ‘lazy’ Britain
- The star of ‘Ben-Hur’ says its failure at the box office ‘breaks my heart’
- Larry Ellison knows who his star employees are — here’s how they know he’s watching them
- The star of ‘Silicon Valley’ says he’s actually nothing like his character
- A rising star on Wall Street says the 2 things that will make you a success have nothing to do with money or smarts
- NBA to hold 2020 All-Star game in Chicago, says source
- One of the stars of ‘Silicon Valley’ says he’s never watched the show
- ‘Silicon Valley’ star T.J. Miller says the driver he allegedly assaulted is trying to extort him
- A star of CBS’s ‘Criminal Minds’ is fired after kicking a writer
- McConnell says he believes Roy Moore’s accusers — and calls for him to step aside from Senate race
- Everything you need to know from ‘Making a Murderer’ if you don’t want to spend 10 hours watching