New data from REA shows the inner west has seen an annual price increase of 6.9 per cent for houses over the decade, despite a market slump in 2018. This translates into a median house price of $1.605 million, up from $820,000 at the start of 2010. Apartment prices have risen from $440,000 to $744,800 over the same period. MORE: Inner suburbs where buyers are getting good deals Entire gold rush town up for grabs China’s shoe king takes $4 million property hit During this time the inner west has seen five sales above $10 million — something few would have predicted at the start of 2010. The Wharf Rd mansion in Birchgrove has Harbour Bridge views.Source:Supplied Experts’ 2020 property predictions Experts’ 2020 property predictions The highest sale during this time was an off market $14.25 million deal for a waterfront Birchgrove property on Wharf Rd this year. Records show the seller to be healthcare boss Jayne Shaw and the new owner is listed as property developer John Gobbo. Sitting on a 765sqm block, it also features manicured gardens and boating facilities. The property also has views stretching from the Sydney Harbour Bridge to Greenwich. The Wrights Point, Drummoyne, home… Read full this story
- Disney+ hits 10 MILLION subscribers one day after the streaming service launched, sending shares soaring in spite of technical glitches at roll-out
- Have property prices in Australia really hit rock bottom?
- How a Labor victory will spark a short-term BOOM in property prices as negative gearing is scrapped - but why it's a bad investment strategy
- Commonwealth Bank report predicts 7 per cent rise for Sydney property prices in 2020
- One capital city set for a huge property price rise as Australia’s market approaches rock bottom
- Twitter releases 10 MILLION tweets from Russian and Iranian 'troll farms' linked to election meddling
- Disney+ Hits the Right Notes, Rakes in 10 Million Subscribers on Launch Day
- Disney+ has hit 10 million subscribers since launching on Tuesday
- Average price of London home almost doubles to £600,625 since 2009
- Foodie factor feeds local property markets: Appetite for homes close to quality farmers' markets grows
- Sydney property prices grow for first time in nearly two years
- Inner West Council ditches Australia Day celebrations
Inner west property prices double in a decade as five homes sell for above $10 million have 346 words, post on www.news.com.au at December 22, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.