Buckingham Palace has released photos of the Queen at every Christmas Day speech for the last decade, showing Her Majesty looking particularly stern this year amid the Prince Andrew crisis. It comes after a bumpy year for the Windsors as the Duke of York was forced to step down from royal duties following a disastrous Newsnight interview in which he said he did not regret his friendship with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Today Queen Elizabeth II will deliver her 2019 speech at 3pm as Andrew faces continued backlash due to accusations that he had sex with Virginia Roberts who was trafficked to London by Epstein. Prince Philip’s health has also been a concern for the palace as the 98-year-old spent four nights in hospital in the run up to Christmas before heading to Sandringham by helicopter to spend it with his loved ones. Today the Royal Family’s official account tweeted: ‘Merry Christmas everyone! Today marks the 68th Queen’s Christmas speech and the last of the decade. You can watch the broadcast at 3pm GMT on TV, radio and here online @RoyalFamily #ChristmasDay2019.’ As the picture of her looking especially stern sat next to a 2017 picture in which she beamed beside portraits… Read full this story
- Palace staff 'are told to prepare for Prince Harry's return to the UK within weeks' and he could 'face a telling off from the Queen' over his public comments about US politics
- Long to reign over us: Queen looks forward to Covid vaccine as courtiers confirm she NO intention of retiring and will serve nation 'for all of her life'
- Inside the royal homes at Christmas, including Kate and William’s 30ft tree and the Queen’s 620 presents
- Royal property portfolio: 21 homes of Meghan Markle & Prince Harry, Kate Middleton & Prince William, more
- Cheers, Ma'am! Britain will get an extra bank holiday on June 3 creating a four-day weekend to toast the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in 2022
- Queen Elizabeth broke royal tradition on numerous occasions: report
- Who will spend Christmas with the Queen?
- Eight Royal scandals that shocked the world from Prince Andrew’s fall from grace to Meghan’s rocky first year as Duchess
- Prince Andrew 'secretly visiting the Queen in desperate bid to return to duties'
- Prince Harry forced to deny his and Meghan Markle’s Remembrance Sunday photo shoot was ‘publicity stunt’ after backlash
- Why the Queen's Sandringham retreat is her most laid-back home
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'personally recognise' Remembrance Day with a cemetery photoshoot in LA after being 'deeply saddened' when request to have a wreath laid at Cenotaph on his behalf was 'refused' by Buckingham Palace
It really WAS a 'bumpy year': Buckingham Palace releases photos of the Queen at every Christmas Day speech for last decade... with her majesty looking especially stern this year amid Prince Andrew crisis have 427 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 25, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.