Hanoi (VNA) – With the establishment of the Global Health Office (GHO), Vietnam’s health sector looks to systematise its activities in global health care field. Representatives from the Ministry of Health and WHO Representative Office in Vietnam cut the ribbon to inaugurate the Vietnam Global Health Office. (Photo: VietnamPlus) On December 16, the GHO in Hanoi was officially inaugurated and put into operation in Vietnam by the Vietnamese Health Ministry and the World Health Organisation (WHO). It was part of efforts to enhance Vietnam’s important role in regional and global health care. Speaking at the ceremony, Deputy Health Minister Nguyen Truong Son said Vietnam has long acquired support from countries and international partners. With the establishment of the GHO, Vietnam’s health sector aims to systematise its activities in global health care field and play a more active role in promoting the development of global public health care. WHO Regional Director for the Western Pacific Takeshi Kasai spoke highly of the GHO establishment in Vietnam, considering it an outstanding achievement of Vietnam to deliver on commitments to contributing to public health care in the region and the world, especially amid the current globalisation. He said he has witnessed Vietnam’s important role… Read full this story
- Vietnam anticipates US$2,300 GDP per capita in 2015
- Vietnam, Hungary boost economic cooperation
- Prime Minister applauds Vietnam-US medical cooperation
- PM encourages stronger Vietnam-Africa cooperation
- Vietnam-EU: bright prospect
- Cementing Vietnam-Africa ties of friendship and solidarity
- In fair health
- Int'l experts in Vietnam to study bird flu virus
- Citigroup: Vietnam holds world's highest potential - 3G concept
- Vietnam welcomes investors from India
- "Vietnam to become the next Asian Dragon"
- Trade wars: Monsanto’s return to Vietnam
WHO opens Global Health Office in Vietnam have 272 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 17, 2019. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.