Firms urged to prepare for impacts of coronavirus The Import-Export Department under the Ministry of Industry and Trade is keeping a close watch on the development of the coronavirus, urging firms to prepare for negative impacts of the epidemic on exports, especially shipments of agricultural products, to China. Currently, the epidemic had not yet had a significant impact on import and export activities between Vietnam and China, the department said. However, there were signs that sales of some agricultural products in China had started to slow due to the development of the epidemic. In addition, ongoing strict disease prevention measures also made transportation of goods much more difficult. The department learned that border gates in Pingxiang, Guangxi which bordered Vietnam’s Lang Son province would close until February 8, except for Friendship Pass which would open on February 3, as an effort to prevent the epidemic from spreading. The department said traffic as well as cross-border transportation of goods between Vietnam and China might be affected. The department urged Vietnamese firms, especially those exporting agricultural products to China, to prepare for their partners in China not being able to receive goods. Firms should change delivery methods or seek other markets for… Read full this story
- Magellan scraps plans for Permian Gulf Coast Pipeline amid talks to combine it with another project
- Final goodbye: Looking back at the influential world figures we lost in 2018
- 'Egregious': Texas woman Atatiana Jefferson's killing and 23 similar incidents nationwide cast scrutiny on police training
- Trouble in paradise? New reports suggest Lady Gaga, fiancé Christian Carino may have called it quits
- Country Music Has Found Its Weinstein Scandal. So Why Hasn’t There Been A Reckoning?
- A Fight Over Vaping “Bots” Is Blazing While E-Cigarette Bans Loom
- The Former Basketball Player Who Brought Down Bill Cosby
BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 1 have 293 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at January 2, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.