MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Novak Djokovic was wondering, right along with everyone else, what sort of shape Roger Federer would be in for their Australian Open semifinal. At age 38, despite dealing with a painful groin muscle and coming off a draining five-setter, Federer came out just fine, it seemed, and soon was up 4-1 and love-40, holding a trio of break chances as Djokovic served. Didn’t last. Federer couldn’t sustain that level. Neither his body nor Djokovic would let him. Casting aside a bit of a poor start during the rivals’ 50th meeting, Djokovic stretched his Grand Slam winning streak against Federer to six in a row with a 7-6 (1), 6-4, 6-3 victory Thursday night that earned the defending champion a record eighth trip to the final at Melbourne Park. “Today was horrible, to go through what I did. Nice entrance. Nice sendoff. And in between, it’s one to forget, because you know you have a 3% chance to win,” Federer said, adding that he discussed beforehand with his team how bad things would need to get for him to stop playing. “Once you can see it coming, that it’s not going to work anymore, it’s tough.” Djokovic… Read full this story
- Australian Open glance: Federer faces Djokovic for 50th time
- Australian Open glance: 20-somethings Thiem, Zverev in SF
- The Latest: Federer posts 100th match win at Australian Open
- Federer, Serena Williams highlight Day 3 at Australian Open
- A glance at the Australian Open: two big rematches on Friday
- Coronavirus: Tennis Australia preparing for 2021 Australian Open
- Maria Sharapova Failed a Doping Test at the Australian Open
- WIMBLEDON ’19: Djokovic, Kerber defend their championships
- Djokovic confident of claiming Grand Slam record
- Indian Wells: Roger Federer Takes Care Of Business, Novak Djokovic Crashes Out
- Nadal: Djokovic will need vaccine if required by the tour
- Kyrgios tells Murray 'you are better than Djokovic'
Djokovic adds to Slam streak vs. Federer at Australian Open have 300 words, post on apnews.com at January 30, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.