Over the past week or so, I’ve read several letters from readers admonishing detractors of President Donald Trump to get over it, realize that impeachment is just an attempt to undo the results of the 2016 election, focus on the economy, and chalk up anything negative to the biased media. The problem I have accepting these views is that I have two eyes and two ears. Letters: Letter about impeachment took detour from reality Although I was disappointed with the outcome of the 2016 election, Trump was duly elected. But from the very beginning, he began doing things that were unconventional at best, or worse, unconstitutional, or worst of all, dangerous to our ideals and institutions. He has rejected transparency by refusing to release his tax returns as has become customary, he has poorly vetted cabinet and judicial appointees, and he’s appointed his unqualified children to important positions in the administration. He has rerouted or withheld funds duly appropriated by Congress, he has ignored the emoluments clause of the Constitution, sought personal political favors from a foreign leader, and invited foreign countries to illegally interfere in our elections.Scariest of all, he has insulted and bullied our allies, embraced foreign dictators… Read full this story
- LETTER: Trump’s immigration order defies American values
- Ingraham Reacts to Obama: Security, Border Control Aren't 'American Values'?
- LETTER: Trump is an opportunist, not a populist
- Mom of Officer Killed by Illegal Immigrant: 'Trump Is for the American People'
- Thousands at Philly airport call Trump's order 'un-American'
- LETTER: Trump is a populist, not a politician
- LETTER: Trump isn’t ethical or trustworthy
- Pelosi: 'Deflector-in-Chief' Trump Owes Obama & the American People an Apology
- Trump can make 'Buy American' more than a slogan. Just enforce a 1980 law.
- LETTER: Trump: How ill-informed can one person be?
- Refugees, terrorism & American values: Acts of terror do damage beyond the physical harm they inflict
- LETTER: Trump voters, you have been conned
Letters: Trump doesn't represent decent American values have 314 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at January 3, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.