Face masks are flying off the shelves across China as the country’s citizens prepare themselves for a potential outbreak of a deadly SARS-like virus which has killed six people. Pictures and videos circulating on the country’s social media purport to show residents in various cities queuing to stock up on the medical products. An expert from China’s National Health Commission has suggested that the life-threatening coronavirus could be passed through saliva as 20 medical workers in the country are now confirmed to have been infected. Pictures and videos circulating on the country’s social media purport to show residents in various cities queuing to stock up on the medical products. A total of 317 people in Asia have now tested positive for the unnamed virus after it first emerged in Wuhan city last month Reports claim some vendors have hiked the price from £11 to £110 per box amid an alleged mask shortage. On Weibo, the Chinese equivalent to Twitter, web users reported to have seen huge lines of customers in and outside pharmacies in hope of buying the sought-after item RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Swarms of Wuhan residents hit the road days before Chinese… Killer Chinese coronavirus ‘may be passed through… Read full this story
- The rise and fall of an Eagle Scout’s deadly fentanyl empire
- Saigon Market- Top 10 Markets in South Vietnam
- Navigating the PRC: The CFI Guide to Film Production in China
- Elon Musk reportedly tells Tesla employees that they should just leave meetings or hang up the phone if it's not productive
- Working Through Fear: An Interview with Blumhouse’s Jason Blum
- China: The People's Hiking Revolution
- Overlook Film Festival 2019 Lineup Includes THE DEAD DON’T DIE, THE LODGE, And More!
- The Top 10 Movies of 2018, According To Mike
- The 10 Lives of George Stalk
- Hot Time at the Movies: FJI previews the summer, from blockbusters to indies
- 'The Simpsons': 30 Times the Fox Comedy Successfully Predicted the Future
- New products on display at CineEurope 2015
People around China queue to buy face masks amid fears of an outbreak of deadly SARS-like virus 'that could be passed through saliva' as vendors sell the medical products 'at 10 times its original price' have 316 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 21, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.