USATSI This time last year, the Dallas Wings were dealing with trade negotiations as they tried to figure out a way forward with All-WNBA center Liz Cambage. After making her return to the league in 2018, Cambage made it clear she wanted out of Dallas, and the Wings eventually traded her to the Las Vegas Aces ahead of the 2019 season. Now, a year later, it looks like they’ll be going through the process again with their star point guard, Skylar Diggins-Smith. During an interview with The Associated Press , the 29-year-old made it clear that she’s done playing for the Wings, despite the fact the team controls her rights. “I don’t plan on playing in Dallas next year,” Diggins-Smith said. “I’m happy to be playing in this league and I want to play.” While Diggins-Smith is technically a free agent, the Wings have already decided to make her a core player. The designation is similar to a franchise tag in the NFL and gives teams exclusive negotiating rights with the player during free agency. As such, Diggins-Smith won’t be able to go out and sign a deal with another team. “It gives us a lot of options,” Wings GM… Read full this story
- Skylar Diggins-Smith’s first game as a mom will be with USA Basketball
- Prince Charles Stripped Bare: Tim Pigott-Smith Storms Broadway, Royally
- LGBTQ Stars Who Have Come Out In 2019 (So Far)
- Ariana Grande shows up to Pete Davidson's SNL office with an APOLOGY after he shares disturbing note that states he 'doesn't want to be on this earth anymore'
- FMIA Week 1: On Cusp of Antonio Brown Addition, Patriots Roll Steelers and Tom Brady Says: ‘Let’s Go Do It’
- Why Rudyard Kipling's classic poem 'IF' so vilified by Snowflake students is rightly revered by tennis star Serena Williams
- YouTube star and Minecraft gamer DanTDM, 27, worth £3million more than Cara Delevingne on Sunday Times Rich List
- Pete Buttigieg Has Cooled Off But His Campaign Says It’s Time For “Phase Three”
- Sen. Hawley says 'it's crazy' for Twitter to shut down McConnell's account
- A Mike Pence Presidency Is No Longer Just Dinner Party Chatter in DC—Is He Up to the Job?
- Hollywood Wanted An Edgy Child Actor. When He Spiraled, They Couldn't Help.
- If Megyn Kelly Doesn’t Want Savannah Guthrie’s Job, Who’s Stirring The ‘Today’ Pot?
WNBA All-Star Skylar Diggins-Smith says she no longer wants to play for Dallas Wings have 389 words, post on www.cbssports.com at January 28, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.