Boris Johnson is set to reshuffle his top team in the wake of his commanding general election victory.Armed with a majority of 80, the prime minister has room for manoeuvre and could opt for sweeping changes to his cabinet.Sky News takes a look at who could be among the biggest winners and losers in Mr Johnson’s first major reshuffle.Such predictions should always be taken with a pinch of salt – but these are some of the names being mentioned in Westminster.Potential winners Advertisement Sajid JavidThere has been talk of tensions with Number 10 in recent weeks, but the chancellor is expected to stay in post.With the budget taking place on 11 March, he will get the chance to make his mark and burnish his economic credentials.Priti Patel The home secretary is also expected to remain in her current role, which is one of the four Great Offices of State.Dominic Raab The PM’s de facto deputy could see his portfolio beefed up, according to recent speculation.There are suggestions Mr Johnson could get rid of the role of international development secretary and hand the department’s powers to Mr Raab.Stephen Barclay The Brexit department is no more now that we have left the… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson shakes up paralyzed Brexit debate
- Boris Johnson to be branded an adulterer by his long-suffering wife in humiliating divorce papers
- Boris Johnson calls on Prime Minister to ‘chuck Chequers’
- Boris Johnson: Theresa May's plan for Brexit is an 'outrage'
- Boris Johnson brands PM’s Brexit plan a ‘constitutional outrage’
- Boris Johnson fails to rule out challenging Theresa May on eve of party conference
- Boris Johnson "lucky" he had already quit before burka comments
- Barmy Tory chiefs were branded a ‘joke’ last night as it emerged Boris Johnson could be sent for DIVERSITY training
- Boris Johnson burka row: Police chief says he did not commit crime
- ‘It’s hard to stomach, but Boris Johnson is going to be our next prime minister – here’s how he’ll do it’
- Rowan Atkinson among those leaping to Boris Johnson's defence over burka comments
- Sun readers say Boris Johnson is bang on about the burka — and attacks on the British way of life need to stop
Cabinet reshuffle: Possible winners and losers as Boris Johnson shakes up top team have 369 words, post on news.sky.com at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.