Boris Johnson is set to reshuffle his top team in the wake of his commanding general election victory.Armed with a majority of 80, the prime minister has room for manoeuvre and could opt for sweeping changes to his cabinet.Sky News takes a look at who could be among the biggest winners and losers in Mr Johnson’s first major reshuffle.Such predictions should always be taken with a pinch of salt – but these are some of the names being mentioned in Westminster.Potential winners Advertisement Sajid JavidThere has been talk of tensions with Number 10 in recent weeks, but the chancellor is expected to stay in post.With the budget taking place on 11 March, he will get the chance to make his mark and burnish his economic credentials.Priti Patel The home secretary is also expected to remain in her current role, which is one of the four Great Offices of State.Dominic Raab The PM’s de facto deputy could see his portfolio beefed up, according to recent speculation.There are suggestions Mr Johnson could get rid of the role of international development secretary and hand the department’s powers to Mr Raab.Stephen Barclay The Brexit department is no more now that we have left the… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson elected Prime Minister
- Boris Johnson Becomes U.K. Prime Minister, Replacing Theresa May
- Boris Johnson Is Already Helping Make Britain Great Again
- Analysis: Boris Johnson is holding himself hostage
- Boris Johnson Has Star Quality, but Can He Run a Government?
- Boris Johnson is the new prime minister of the United Kingdom
- Is Boris Johnson’s befuddled, eccentric act a charm offensive?
- UK Tories accuse favorite Boris Johnson of ducking scrutiny
- For Boris Johnson, the Tumult Begins Inside Downing Street
- Boris Johnson chosen as new UK leader, now faces Brexit test
- Will Boris Johnson evict Larry the Cat from Downing Street?
- UK Tories warned not to crown Boris Johnson without a fight
Cabinet reshuffle: Possible winners and losers as Boris Johnson shakes up top team have 317 words, post on news.sky.com at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.