THE UK’S coronavirus toll has spiked to 20 after a man in Surrey was diagnosed with the killer bug. The latest case is the first to have been passed on inside the UK, with the original source of the virus “unclear”, health bosses admitted last night. Read our coronavirus live blog for all the latest news and updates The jump in infections comes after a British man became the first UK citizen to die from coronavirus. Prof Whitty, chief medical officer for England, said of the 20th confirmed case: “It is not yet clear whether they contracted it directly or indirectly from an individual who had recently returned from abroad. “This is being investigated and contact tracing has begun. The patient has been transferred to a specialist NHS infection centre at Guy’s and St Thomas’. “The total number of cases in England is now 18. Following confirmed cases in Northern Ireland and Wales, the total number of UK cases is 20.”NHS officials are now drawing up a “battle plan” to tackle the outbreak and they fear one in 10 Brits could end up in hospital with coronavirus. The total number of cases in England is now 18. Following confirmed cases… Read full this story
- Hurricane Lorenzo path map and storm updates as ‘beast’ hits UK
- Weather warnings in place as tail of Hurricane Lorenzo hits UK
- Global ibuprofen shortage hits UK supermarkets
- Varadkar warns time is running out as UK tables backstop plans
- Britain's best curry houses revealed: UK's top places to tuck into a Chicken Tikka battled it out - but did your local make the list?
- ‘Endless wrangling over Brexit’ takes toll on UK property market
- Met Office warn Hurricane Lorenzo to hit UK
- India torrential rain death toll hits 120
- Papua unrest death toll hits 26: Indonesian police
- Homeless people were turned away from shelters as Typhoon Hagibis hit Japan because they could not give an address, it emerges, as death toll hits 69
- Vaping can leave lungs with 'chemical burns seen in industrial accidents,' study reveals, as US death toll hits 17
- Apple iPad 3 - Set to hit UK streets on 19th March
Coronavirus is passed on WITHIN Britain for the first time as killer bug toll hits twenty in UK have 345 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 29, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.