HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam had emerged as one of the fastest growing economies and shining stars of ASEAN, and dual diplomatic responsibility in 2020 offered a rare opportunity for Việt Nam, according to an Eurasia Review analysis. This year, Việt Nam faced a dense diplomatic schedule, with the country’s ASEAN chairmanship coinciding with its non-permanent membership of the UN Security Council, Dr Frederick Kliem from S.Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS) at the Singapore-based Nanyang Technological University wrote in a report published on February 6. “This poses logistical challenges for the country, but this dual diplomatic responsibility also offers a rare opportunity for Hà Nội to present a well-coordinated foreign policy and achieve maximum impact,” he said. “In particular, Hà Nội should leverage the ASEAN agenda at the global stage at the UN, something previous ASEAN chairs have done with remarkable success,” he added. He noted that Việt Nam may attempt to set new directions for ASEAN-led mechanisms, including the East Asia Summit (EAS) and the ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting (ADMM), and there would be efforts to advance cross-sectoral and cross-pillar approaches to better coordinate and tackle emerging security challenges within these forums. Within the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) pillar, Việt Nam would seek to promote specific intra-ASEAN… Read full this story
- Senior North Korean Figurehead Signs Trade, Diplomatic Deals in Venezuela
- Donald Trump hails an exoneration that was not offered
- What is a diplomat, is Boris Becker a Central African Republic diplomat, how do you become one and what’s the salary?
- Now Russia is suspected of attacks against diplomats in Cuba. Will U.S. strike back?
- A rare look inside classrooms finds some poorly trained teachers wasting time
- 'Marcia Clark Investigates' offers entertainment, but not impact
- A Practical Guide for Offering Online Contests and Promotions
- U.K.'s top diplomat in U.S. blasts Trump in leaked memos
- The Affordable Care Act—Countdown to Compliance for Employers, Week 16: So What, Exactly, is an “Offer of Coverage”?
- Top U.S. diplomat for Latin America resigns
- In rural America, there are job opportunities and a need for lawyers
- Non-Trade Agreements Act-Compliant Covered Drugs Must be Offered to VA in Coming Weeks
Dual diplomatic responsibility offers rare opportunity for Việt Nam have 361 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 10, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.