International Football to provide safety-net for unpaid players Wednesday, Feb 12, 2020,16:51 (GMT+7) Football to provide safety-net for unpaid players Philippe Piat, President of FIFPro, the world soccer players’ union, addresses a news conference in Brussels, Belgium, September 18, 2015 – PHOTO: REUTERS ZURICH (REUTERS) – A fund has been set up to help footballers who are left without wages when their clubs fall into financial difficulties or go out of business, global soccer body FIFA said on Tuesday. The world players’ union FIFPRO estimates that around 50 clubs in 20 countries — mainly in Eastern Europe and Asia — have shut in the last five years, leaving hundreds of players without pay. In many cases, FIFPRO says, the clubs have been quickly re-established with only a slight tweak to the name. FIFA said in a statement on Tuesday that it had reached an agreement with FIFPRO to set aside US$16 million for the fund up to 2022. “While these grants will not cover the full amount of salaries owed to players, this fund will provide an important safety net,” it said. FIFPRO president Philippe Piat said players were “plunged into uncertainty and hardship” when their clubs closed down. “Many of these clubs have… Read full this story
- District 21-6A football coaches name 9 Deer players to all-district
- At Kalupur railway station, you are your own safety net
- ‘I’m Going To Sandusky You’: Federal Lawsuit Accuses Penn State Football Head Coach James Franklin, Several Players Of Hazing
- Kisumu All Stars players strike over unpaid dues
- Arsenal’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan to miss Europa League final over safety fears
- The psychology of football rivalries
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: No safety fears for Man Utd players at Anfield
- MaxPreps 2016 Football Freshman All-American Team
- Premier League leads Europe’s profit boom but football wealth gap grows
- Manchester United cancel Middle East winter break over safety fears
- Gordon Taylor is paid four times sum of benevolent grants to former players
- Which footballers have suffered injuries playing other sports?
Football to provide safety-net for unpaid players have 312 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.