PHOTO: EXPRESS Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Saturday reiterated Pakistan’s political and moral support for the oppressed people of Indian-Occupied Kashmir (IOK) in their struggle for the right to self-determination. While addressing a meeting with parliamentary leaders of Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) in Islamabad, FM Qureshi said that Pakistan has made extensive efforts to highlight the gross human rights violations in the occupied valley by Indian government at the diplomatic level. No solution to Kashmir issue sans consent of its people, says AJK president “Kashmir issue is present at the agenda of the UN Security Council, but our effort to move the Security Council again was aimed at highlighting the Kashmir issue afresh and get Pakistan’s stance reiterated, “the FM said. “We got success at the Security Council and the Kashmir issue was discussed.” The foreign minister stressed that the Human Rights Council in Geneva had also been apprised of the Indian atrocities in the besieged region. He added that the issue had also been debated at European Union Parliament and the United States Congress. “The Kashmir Cell established at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the direction of the prime minister is playing its effective role to highlight the… Read full this story
- IPs continue to march for rights recognition
- Kashmiri paths to resistance
- Pakistan slams US blacklisting of Kashmir ‘terror’ group
- India-Pakistan to dispute Kashmir at UN
- Modi calls Pakistan incubator of terrorism
- Pakistan releases US-wanted militant suspect on court order
- ‘A model for civilization’: Putin’s Russia has emerged as ‘a beacon for nationalists’ and the American alt-right
- ‘The most well-organized campaign in the history of the alt-right’ is targeting H.R. McMaster
- MILF praises Japan for support to peace, devt
- Pakistan defies rights protests to hang ‘teen’ convict
- India and Pakistan: The beginnings of a fragile partnership?
- Duterte won’t change mind on FM Libingan burial
Pakistan will continue supporting Kashmiris' struggle for right to self-determination: FM Qureshi have 306 words, post on tribune.com.pk at February 8, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.