Video PlayerClose LISBON, Feb. 1 (Xinhua) — Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Costa said on Saturday that the European Union (EU) must quickly reach an agreement on the European budget for the next seven years in order not to harm the economy of the Member States and avoid an institutional crisis, Lusa News Agency reported. Costa made the remarks on the sideline of the third summit of “Friends of Cohesion”, which was held in Beja, Azores, the Atlantic archipelago of Portugal, and attended by 17 EU member states. Quoted by Lusa, the prime minister said that “it is important” that an agreement on the EU’s Multiannual Financial Framework (2021-2027) be reached “as soon as possible”. “It would be a bad sign for the European economy if there were doubts about the continuity of the flow of investment financing, the realization of which is very important, especially when it is intended to take seriously challenges such as climate change, the digital transition and the improvement of employment quality. It is essential that there is a quick agreement,” he stressed. He argued that there must be a “spirit of compromise” concerning the European Budget. “We have to make an effort to approximate the… Read full this story
- European Commission chief to visit India to push economic, security and connectivity agenda
- Greece PM Alexis Tsipras pledges to lead country out of crisis by 2019
- Summer In Europe? The 22 Most Beautiful Beaches For 2022 By European Best Destinations
- Macron's blunt Brexit ultimatum: 'You can't have City deal without paying into EU budget'
- Brexit should be Boris' priority! Jeffrey Donaldson demands Article 16 commitment from PM
- New Pak PM Shehbaz Sharif: ‘Want good ties with India, but durable peace not possible without solving Kashmir’
- Scotland independence: How PM stopped plans for separate Scottish time zone
- Trump blames French protests on Paris Agreement, claims people are chanting 'we want Trump!'
- Understanding PM Garib Kalyan relief package: its components, and some perspective on implementation
- Farage exposes brewing uprising against PM 'Can't buy off Brexiteers again!'
- Ukraine: Scholz and Zelenskyy vow justice for 'war crimes' in phone call — as it happened
- Comment: 4 years ago, Lawrence Wong was an unlikely pick for the top job. How did he become the next PM-in-waiting?
Portuguese PM calls for quick agreement on European budget have 360 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 2, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.