Vietnam News Agency reporter interviews Ambassador Đặng Đình Quý, Head of Việt Nam’s Permanent Mission to the UN. — VNA/VNS Photo Hữu Thanh NEW YORK — Việt Nam supports the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) and the UN Security Council (UNSC) to strengthen their cooperation in line with the UN Charter, said Ambassador Đặng Đình Quý, Head of Việt Nam’s Permanent Mission to the UN. Addressing a meeting held by the UNSC in New York on February 6, Quý said Việt Nam applauded the OSCE’s humanitarian assistance, intermediation and mediation activities as well as its efforts to promote peace processes at hot spots in Europe. He emphasised that activities of regional organisations must comply with the UN Charter and supported the OSCE’s role in monitoring and helping with the implementation of the Minsk agreements. Quý also reiterated the principle of peacefully settling disputes in accordance with international law and the UN Charter. Speaking at the meeting, OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Edi Rama, who is also Prime Minister and Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of Albania, confirmed three priorities of the OSCE in 2020, including promoting field conflict settlement, especially the troubles in Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia and the Nagorno-Karabakh… Read full this story
- 70th anniversary of Việt Nam-Russia traditional friendship and strategic cooperation
- ASEAN-UN co-operation discussed at UNSC meeting
- Việt Nam-Russia friendship stands test of time: Russian Foreign Minister
- Ukraine and separatists to pull back troops from a new area
- Fighting against nCoV like fighting against enemies: PM
- PM assures French Ambassador over coronavirus
- Singer, educator calls creative arts 'the new currency of tomorrow’s world'
- White House moves to bar Bolton book over 'top secret' material
- Palestinians cut ties with Israel, U.S. after rejecting peace plan
- For coronavirus prevention, Vietnam accepts economic losses: PM
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 25
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 24
Việt Nam backs UNSC-OSCE stronger cooperation have 303 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 8, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.