Video PlayerClose BEIJING, March 21 (Xinhua) — The price of China’s major fresh farm produce rose in February, with prices of aquatic products and vegetables leading the monthly growth, data from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs showed. The average wholesale price of 28 vegetables monitored by the ministry climbed 10.4 percent month on month, up 17.2 percent from the same period last year. While the average wholesale price of six key fruits registered a 4-percent monthly growth, down 4.7 percent year on year. The prices saw milder month-on-month growth from January, when the vegetable price rose 13.9 percent month on month while the fruit price saw a 7-percent monthly rise. The ministry attributed the price hikes to higher labor costs for production, transportation and sales amid the novel coronavirus epidemic. Weighted average wholesale price for aquatic products went up 12.8 percent month on month, higher than the 2.9-percent monthly growth in January, due to logistics problems and rising labor costs. Prices of major meat products rose at a quicker month-on-month pace, with the average pork price registering a 9.5-percent monthly growth, while the average market prices of beef and mutton edging up 2.5 percent and 1.4 percent month… Read full this story
- Hurricane Florence Will Mean Bacon Prices Rise, Analyst Says
- September New Home Sales Prices Rise Throughout Texas
- Which States Have Seen House Prices Rise Since the Real Estate Bubble Burst?
- Agricultural report: Low prices, rising costs hurt farms
- Farmers markets in Phoenix for fresh fruit, produce, fish, meat, bread
- Firms warn of price rises from tariffs
- 3 cities to decide recycling price rise
- Good news for Hawaii from Washington, D.C.: Three programs adopted to bring fresh, healthy produce to high-need residents
- Prescription drug prices rising despite Trump pressure on Big Pharma
- August sees slight rise in spending
- Pumpkin prices rise as East Coast harvest shrinks
- Gas prices rise as travelers get set for Labor Day
China's major fresh farm produce sees price rise in February have 301 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 21, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.