Coronation Street will not air on Friday night, with its normal double episode pulled from schedules – just days before a temporary new schedule comes into play. The decision was planned, and ITV made the choice before the coronavirus pandemic affected ITV scheduling. Corrie has to go down to just three episodes a week from Monday, with filming for the soap halted amid the ongoing outbreak. With cases in the UK, and around the world, increasing by the day ITV, and other channels, made the decision to halt TV production and filming for several shows for the safety of those involved. New restrictions issued by the government also made it difficult to continue, with the public urged to stay inside. Those hoping to have their last double episode fix in a while have already had it though. Many fans will no doubt be tuning in later on for an hour-long Corrie to end the week, but may be left disappointed. Pre-pandemic, the show was not scheduled to air on Friday, with the soap planning on making up the episodes in April. Read More Showbiz editor’s picks This will obviously now change too given the updated ITV schedule, amid fears episodes… Read full this story
- When will Emmerdale and Coronation Street air after being cancelled due to Euro 2020?
- Coronation Street cancelled: ITV soap taken off air in schedule shake-up
- Emmerdale and Coronation Street return times confirmed after being taken off air
- Coronation Street and Emmerdale warned by bosses after 'increase in Covid cases'
- The Queen returns to Coronation Street for the first time in nearly 40 years
- Coronation Street spoilers for next week: Triple return and Nina hits self-destruct
- Coronation Street and Emmerdale rising Covid cases are ‘down to stars and staff refusing the vaccine’, fear set staff
- Adele Rose, scriptwriter on Coronation Street who also devised Byker Grove – obituary
- Coronation Street and Emmerdale ‘under threat’ as ITV boss warns of soaring Covid cases
- Coronation Street actor steals show as he auditions for Little Mix: The Search
- Coronation Street’s Maureen Lipman filming ahead of return following partner’s death
- Maureen Lipman’s Coronation Street return confirmed as she leaves set
Coronation Street double episode cancelled ahead of coronavirus schedule change have 349 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 27, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.