SINGAPORE – Home-based learning will be rolled out at all primary and secondary schools, junior colleges and the centralised institute from Wednesday (April 1) as part of additional efforts to support safe distancing. The Ministry of Education has come up with a Parent Kit to guide parents on what to do. DEBUNKING 5 MYTHS ON HOME-BASED LEARNING Myth 1: My child must spend the whole day on the computer. Fact: Home-based learning (HBL) can consist of one or more of the following: a. E-learning (for example, online assignments through the Student Learning Space (SLS) or other online learning platforms) b. E-mail messages (for example, notes or worksheets through e-mail) c. Hardcopy assignments (for example, worksheets or textbooks) Every school has a different plan, based on the needs of their students. So don’t compare, okay? Myth 2: I have only one Internet device. It is impossible for all my children to do HBL using the same device. Fact: Each child’s HBL will occupy him/her for four (primary), five (secondary) and six (JC/CI) hours each day. Not all of the time will require the use of an Internet device. Schools will also provide students with sufficient time to complete any online work. Teach them to take… Read full this story
- The Ultimate Cleaning Service Cost Guide
- Home Automation buying guide
- Parents feel squeezed by child-care costs. Here’s where they want help
- Smart thermostat buying guide
- 9 smart thermostats to make your home the right temperature
- 40 Google Home apps for a better home with more pizza
- What's the smartest way to stay warm (or cool) at home?
- Enjoy the actual most wonderful time of the year with our Halloween kids’ guide
- Smart-home showdown: SmartThings vs. Wink
- Disaster-proofing the CNET Smart Home
- How to Start Managing Your Money, For Those Who Never Learned Growing Up
- Let your garden grow with our smart garden buying guide
Coronavirus: A guide to preparing your child for home-based learning have 302 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.