A secondary school pupil in Devon and one of their family members are among four new coronavirus cases diagnosed in the UK today, as well as an NHS worker in Kent. Thirty-nine patients have now been struck down with the deadly infection in Britain, as the government braces for the virus to spread further and faster amid fears the crisis will escalate within days. Churston Ferrers Grammar School in Torbay confirmed a student tested positive for COVID-19, while the second case in Devon is a member of the same family. No other details are known. It comes after it was revealed this afternoon that one of the other cases diagnosed today was an an NHS worker, whose hospital trust rents office space at Maidstone Studios, where ITV’s Take Me Out used to be filmed. Fears were today raised for scores of cancer patients at an NHS hospital in Hertfordshire after a clinician at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre in Northwood was believed to have caught the deadly virus. He had been diagnosed as infected with coronavirus, but later tested negative, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust said, bringing the UK infection tally down to 39. More than a dozen patients are being… Read full this story
- Blow for Germany as Rhine falls below critical water level
- Mysterious pneumonia illness kills three people amid fears of a new viral outbreak
- The #MeToo Case That Divided the Abortion-Rights Movement
- Britain faces four days without post as 115,000 Royal Mail workers strike
- 'It felt like my insides were crying': China Covid-19 curbs hit youth mental health
- How Scientology Exploits Foreign Workers
- Covid alert level: What does Covid alert level 2 mean?
- A Pandemic Timeline 2 Years Into MA's State Of Emergency
- ‘It’s Life or Death’: The Mental Health Crisis Among U.S. Teens
- The Plot To Keep Meatpacking Plants Open During The Pandemic
- During the Omicron Wave, Death Rates Soared for Older People
- Germany and France have driven eurozone into recession, economists warn
Pupil and a relative in Devon are among three new coronavirus cases in UK as infection toll hits 39: Eleven schools shut after staff or parents fall ill, Kent NHS worker is diagnosed and Hertfordshire cancer clinic tests 20 patients after medic feared infe have 318 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 2, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.