Consumer and business spending in East Baton Rouge Parish was down 3.8% in February compared to a year ago, a drop in activity that might be due to Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome’s order tied to the coronavirus pandemic that gave companies more time to turn in sales tax revenue.During the month, $709.7 million was spent, compared to $737.6 million in February 2019, according to figures released late Monday by the city-parish finance department. Baton Rouge businesses adjusting to coronavirus, getting tax delay relief and new program to help restaurants, servers Broome announced on March 18 that taxes collected by businesses in February weren’t due until Monday, and March collections will be pushed back to May 20. Businesses will not have to pay interest or penalties if they make their monthly payments before the due date. She said the move was aimed at giving “a brief respite” to businesses that were seeing revenue dry up as a result of orders promoting social distancing.Vehicle sales were up 11.1% for the month, with East Baton Rouge shoppers spending nearly $60.4 million. That compares to $54.3 million on vehicle spending for February 2019.One sign of businesses taking advantage of the sales tax payment delays:… Read full this story
- Consumer tech spending will see small contraction in 2014
- US consumer electronics revenue dropped 8% in 2009
- Cisco's consumer business chief resigns
- BATON ROUGE CATHOLIC 24, NORTH LITTLE ROCK 17
- AT&T lights up 4G LTE in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Naples
- Microsoft Exec Hints at Separate Windows Release Trains for Consumers, Business
- LTE equipment party is over, as carrier spending drops
- I'll be on a business trip on February 14. How can I hit a long distance home run with my wife for Valentine's Day?
- Average business spends $15 million battling cybercrime
- Businesses Spending on Big Data Marketing but Not Hiring for It
- Small Business Saturday: A Guide for Consumers, Businesses
- New data: 1 in 3 business PCs drop Vista for Windows XP
Consumer, business spending drops in February in East Baton Rouge Parish have 309 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at April 21, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.