To keep our community informed of the most urgent coronavirus news, The San Francisco Chronicle’s critical updates are free to read. Ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: • 35,912 in California, including 1,331 deaths. • 6,766 in the Bay Area, including 230 deaths. • 826,248 in the U.S., including 45,153 deaths. The five states with the highest death tolls are New York with 19,118; New Jersey with 5,097; Michigan with 2,700; Massachusetts with 1,961 and Pennsylvania with 1,673. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. • More than 2.5 million in the world, with more than 179,000 deaths. More than 651,000 people have recovered. Coronavirus cases by city: For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Latest developments from today: Related Stories LocalChronicle Staff ReportCoronavirus hits Bay Area: What residents need to knowCoronavirus Map: Tracking COVID-19 cases across California 1:46 p.m. Reopen economy in San Francisco? “Not there yet”: Mayor Breed said Wednesday the city is focused on expanding… Read full this story
- COVID in California: Omicron less likely to cause long COVID than delta
- AA blames RAC’s ‘reckless speculation’ for rising fuel prices – live updates
- Rail strikes UK 2022 LIVE: Chaos for commuters as train drivers walkout on SEVEN networks today & RAC issues warning
- 4th Of July Weekend: Studio City Drivers Urged To Stay Safe
- Drivers warned of speed cameras changes on popular motorway as thousands risk fines
- Drivers urged to avoid popular seaside car park due to ‘bullying tactics’ – ‘Shocking!'
- How Traffic Violations Affect Your Insurance Rates
- Peter Stormare on throwing squirrels and why Michael Bay is like the American Ingmar Bergman
- Gatwick is the WORST airport for cancellations and British Airways are 12 times more likely to cancel flights than Ryanair
- Victorians defy NSW Premier's travel edict and fly to Sydney amid Melbourne coronavirus outbreaks
- Train strikes UK 2022 LIVE: MORE travel misery for Brits as Saturday walkout & further rail chaos in August to go ahead
- January 6 Hearings: Trump Camp Split Into "Team Normal" and "Team Crazy" after election
Coronavirus live updates: California drivers speeding like crazy; tickets spike with traffic down have 348 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at April 22, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.