This evening, Tribeca Film Festival revealed the Jury-selected winning titles from the 19th annual confab, which was forced to postpone its originally scheduled April gathering in response to the global health crisis. Top honors went to Alice Wu’s Netflix coming-of-age dramedy The Half of It, which picked up The Founders Award for Best U.S. Narrative Feature, while The Hater was named Best International Narrative Feature, and Socks On Fire nabbed Best Documentary Feature. In addition, Best U.S narrative feature screenplay went to Anna Kerrigan for Cowboys, a film that also earned a best actor nod for its star Steve Zahn. Assol Abdullina was awarded best actress for her performance in Materna. Also announced were the winners in the shorts program. Related Story Jimmy Carter, Sean Penn, David Bowie Projects Look For Theatrical Life Beyond Canceled Tribeca Film Festival World Premieres Soon after announcing the delay of its 2020 edition, Tribeca Enterprises and Tribeca Film Festival Co-Founder and CEO Jane Rosenthal told Deadline that the org was looking into holding a scaled-down version of the fest in September. In the meantime, the fest took the SXSW route and opted to migrate some of its selected titles to online platforms in an… Read full this story
- Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro discuss The Irishman at Tribeca Film Festival
- Martin Scorsese, Guillermo del Toro, Jennifer Lawrence announced for Tribeca Film Festival's talks lineup
- 5 filmmaking tips from Guillermo del Toro's Tribeca Film Festival talk
- Tribeca Film Festival Forces New Yorkers to Look Themselves in the Mirror in New Empathy Campaign
- Jennifer Lawrence and David O. Russell discuss their collaborations (and dancing with Bradley Cooper) at Tribeca Film Festival
- At Sundance Film Festival, Hillary Clinton Warns of Voter Suppression in 2020 Election
- Kim and Kanye attend Chanel dinner together at Tribeca film festival
- Sundance Film Festival names Tabitha Jackson new director
- Slamdance Film Festival Winners Led By ‘Murmur’ And ‘Residue’
- Robert Redford Offers “Much Love” To Exiting Sundance Film Festival Chief On Opening Night
- Tabitha Jackson Named New Director Of Sundance Film Festival, Looks To “Embrace Change” And “Champion The Independent Voice”
- Should Film Festivals And Distributors Steer Clear Of Controversial Directors In The #MeToo Era?
Tribeca Film Festival: Netflix’s ‘The Half of It’, ‘The Hater’, ‘Socks On Fire’ Among Award Winners For Postponed 2020 Edition have 355 words, post on deadline.com at April 29, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.