NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The USNS Comfort has left New York City, exactly one month after its arrival. The 1,000-bed hospital ship pushed off from Pier 90 on the West Side on Thursday afternoon as first responders cheered and saluted. MORE: ‘We Hope We’ve Brought A Little Bit Of Comfort’: As USNS Comfort Prepares To Depart, Javits Center Continues To Treat Coronavirus Patients The Naval hospital ship first arrived on March 30. It was originally sent to care for patients without COVID-19, but it started accepting coronavirus patients a week later. CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope Complete Coronavirus Coverage It treated a total of 182 people. All of the patients have now been discharged or transferred. The Comfort is scheduled to return to Norfolk, Virginia. It will be disinfected and restocked for its next mission.
- Trump calls himself ‘wartime president’, deploys military hospital ships to fight coronavirus
- Navy hospital ship with 1,000 beds is loaded with supplies in San Diego as it prepares to set off for LA where the rising number of coronavirus cases is starting to fill up wards
- Donald Trump says he's a 'wartime president' as he signs special defense powers to ramp up medical equipment production 'in case of worst-case scenario' to tackle 'unseen enemy'
- This Chicago Hospital Was Built After 9/11 With an Epidemic Like Coronavirus in Mind
- 'Cacophony of coughing': Inside NYC's virus-besieged ERs
- Doctors describe harrowing realities inside NYC emergency rooms: "It's really hard to understand how bad this is"
- ‘Cacophony of coughing’: Inside NYC’s virus-besieged ERs
- Pentagon grapples with coronavirus outbreak
- NYC prepares for the worst: Military sets up makeshift morgue using tents and refrigeration trucks outside Manhattan's Bellevue hospital in preparation for surge in coronavirus victims as NYC's death toll rises to 192 and city morgues near capacity
USNS Comfort Departs After Month Of Helping Treat Patients have 321 words, post on newyork.cbslocal.com at April 30, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.